Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • upgrading to Microsoft Exchange
  • trailertrash

Hi

I appreciate this is a bit fringe even for thew chat forum, so thanks for being accommodating.

Does anyone have any experience (good/bad/hard/easy) of moving up to MS Exchange from a network of 4 PCs currently running Outlook separately, albeit in an organised and managed way – uniform setup, organised archiving etc etc.

Thanks

Tim

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Don’t

Change to Google Mail and don’t look back. It has made our network so much easier to manage.

Cougar

For four PCs, *if* you wanted to keep your IT in house, Small Business Server would probably be a better / cheaper option than full Exchange.

Arguably, you might be better off with one of the externally hoses services such as Office 365 or Google’s offering.

codybrennan
    Free Member

For that few users, something hosted would be better: either hosted Exchange if you must have Exchange, or as others have said, Google Mail to host your domain.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep as I said up there ^^^^ our Exchange server fell over spectacularly so we changed to Google Mail in an emergency situation (always planned on reverting back) and never looked back. Access to the same mail interface wherever you are, loads of bundled storage (after a year my entire mailbox is only 5% full, great calendar integration, mail works with iPhones (other handsets are available), loads of plugins.

simon_g

Office 365 is perfect for what you want. I work with Exchange day in, day out, but O365 is so good it makes on-site Exchange installs for <50 users seem a bit pointless. These days with wanting mobile services (outlook anywhere, activesync for mobiles, etc) it’s a bit of a headache to get all that set up securely and reliably, wheras O365 has it all included along with Lync and Sharepoint too.

Google Apps is fine too if you fit in well with the google way of doing things.

trailertrash

Thank you all

Stoner
    Free Member

google apps 4Thewin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘upgrading to Microsoft Exchange’ is closed to new replies.