Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Upgrading from quick release.
  • Xan
    Free Member

Havin been toying with the decission of a wheel upgrade for a bit. I would like something a bit stronger than quick release but is this possible without upgrading my 2007 Talas RLC's

jonathan
    Free Member

Going to bolt-thru (20mm or 15QR) would mean at least new lowers or new fork.

The only other decent alternatives I've seen is the DT RWS system, particularly the thru-bolt version:
    http://www.dtswiss.com/Products/Components2009/RWS/RWS-thru-bolt.aspx

chakaping
    Free Member

I've heard you can get new lowers for a not-extortionate amount.

Give Mojo a bell and ask them.

kimbers

i have a qr version from chumba of the 9mm thru axle, cheap and cheerful and noticeably stiffer

if you have hope pro2s, halo combats, some bontrager, dt swiss wheels adapters are available

Xan
    Free Member

Thanks I'll have a look into the DT Swiss stuff. Really wanted to go Hope Pro II but doesn't look like I can do that without a change of lowers.

Phones Mojo and they want £250 for new lowers and a service. That plus the £250 for the wheels makes it an exspensive nice to have at the moment.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Really wanted to go Hope Pro II but doesn't look like I can do that without a change of lowers.

no you can. hopes are qr/ bolt thru convertable for about £15. buy the wheels buy the forks later and chnge the hubs to bolt thru.

HTH

z1ppy
    kevster
    Free Member

Are all models of pro 2 convertible between qr and 20mm?

z1ppy

all models? Pro 2 is Pro 2.. so yes they're convertable between:

Front
    STD QR
    9mm thru axle
    15mm thru axle
    20mm thru axle
    Maverick fork axle

Rear:
    STD QR
    10mm thru axle (135mm)
    12mm thru axle (135mm)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Upgrading from quick release.’ is closed to new replies.