Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Updating my riding kit
  • Luther
    Free Member

I need to update my riding kit…

For various reasons I haven’t been riding for a long while, and a lot of my kit is looking dated, and/or is starting to wear out. So I’d like to buy a few more things, probably mostly jerseys (rather than shorts/trousers), both long-sleeve and short-sleeve. Anything that can be layered would be useful too (although I’ve got outer waterproof stuff).

I’m bit out of touch with what constitutes nicely-designed kit these days. I’d like things that look normal (not a “busy” design or heavily branded), and have a casual/relaxed fit (i.e. not skin-tight lycra).

Any particular recommendations I should check out? 🙂

DT78
    Free Member

lots of choice, so it really depends on your taste.

For mountain biking most of my kit is Gore, fits me well and really does last.

Jersey wise I tend to pick up whatever is in my size and doesn’t look hideous in CRC sales. I picked up a fox and one industry jerseys for sub £20 both will do the job. I don’t like spending more as they tend to only last me a season before I rip them/cover them in blood and oil…

fudge9202
    Free Member

I favour the offerings of fox and raceface and as I’m off to Florida soon will be stocking up as its very cheap there. 😀

Twin
    Free Member

Madison trail jersey. You can pick them up on ebay for £10 -£15 (long & short sleeve), they last ages and aren’t hideous.

iainc

DHB stuff on wiggle – well made and good pricing

Luther
    Free Member

Thanks for the ideas. Will have a hunt around.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Updating my riding kit’ is closed to new replies.