Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • unusual things you liked to eat/drink.
  • Schweiz
    Free Member

Coke and Fanta is a “thing” in Germany. It’s called a Spezi. One brewery makes a ready mixed version but most mix to order…

steve-g
    Free Member

Once arrived back at a friends after a night out drinking and there was no coke left so we hit the Jack Daniels and Fanta, few weeks later was drinking that through choice

matt_bl
    Free Member

Cola and orange juice was always known as a ‘muddy puddle’ when I was at university.

It’s OK, but pales in comparison to beer, so I never really drank it regularly.

Matt

sbob
    Free Member

igm – Member

Coke and orange. Mixed 50-50.

Cola that is.

Known as mud, though usually diet coke is used.

I’m all about the chocolate spread and cheese sarnies.

Cougar

Pie on a roll.

What you’ve got there is a Wigan Kebab. HTH.

Coke and orange. Mixed 50-50.

I went through a phase of doing that, got the idea from a cordial manufacturer (Robinson’s?) who did orange & cola squash for a while.

we hit the Jack Daniels and Fanta

My tipple of choice for a while was Southern Comfort and Britvic orange, it’s sublime and worth the price of admission from the reaction it elicits from bartenders. Gave it up in the end as I had the capacity to drink it till it came out of my ears.

On a similar note, an ice cream float made with Tango and a shot of SoCo sloshed over the top is mega.

miketually
    Free Member

We used to butter rich tea biscuits, too.

I used to drink 50:50 pure orange to water, with a pinch of salt and a dash of blackcurrant juice. Cheap energy drink and tastes like Umbongo.

colournoise

Spoonfuls of piccalilli straight from the jar.
    Lettuce and ketchup sandwiches.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Slice of buttered bread dipped in Beef liquor (after cooking a roast or steak) add salt,…quite simply the most divine taste in the whole world…

washed down with

…equal measures of Jack Daniels Honey and Laphroaig blended in one glass.

sbob
    Free Member

What you’ve got there is a Wigan Kebab. HTH.

Then the people of Wigan are foolish amateurs.
    What you want is the traditional pie-but:

8)

hairyscary

miketually – Member
    We used to butter rich tea biscuits, too.

This, but I used to toast/warm the biscuit first.

rocketman
    Free Member

Probably Watneys Red Barrel & fish finger sandwiches

bigblackshed

Reading all of your replies mine don’t sound so odd, but I still get odd looks at work.

Peanut butter and jam, or add a chopped banana, sandwiches. Good strong cheddar and marmalade sandwiches. Banana sandwiches, but it really comes alive with a good sprinkling of black pepper.

Southern Comfort and orange juice is just grenadine short of a cocktail. “Southern Sunrise”. Used to drink that regularly. Made me fall over though. :-). Rum and pineapple juice. Mmmmm.

All time favourite student snack. Tin of tuna with a big dollop each of ketchup and salad cream, grated cheddar, mix together and then on top of toast, then back under the grill until it bubbles.

thejesmonddingo

Tin of tuna + tin of sweetcorn + dollop of mayo,mixed and munched.

slowoldman

Yes I definitely loved sugar butties and ketchup butties when I was little. I still love Golden Syrup butties. But of course none of these delicacies are unusual.

Recently I’ve become aware that the yoof of today don’t seem to know what dripping is and come over all disgusted when it’s described to them. Fools.

Oh and by the way, cheese and jam butties were once the roadies’ fuel of choice before stupid power bars and gels came along.

mcj78
    Free Member

Stop it with the gratuitous roll & pie photos, i’m starving! 😐

After playing footy on a cold wet Saturday morning we used to mix it up a bit with various savoury baked goods – friend of mine swore by the roll & cheese and onion pastie… when asked if he wanted any sauce by the woman in the bakery he tutted loudly & in comedy fashion proclaimed “BROWN, OBVIOUSLY! 🙄 ”

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Fresh orange juice and Indian tonic water, I drink pints of it in hot weather.

slowoldman

Strangest one I ever heard of in a sandwich shop in Sheffield was “ham, jam, onion and mustard”. Didn’t cause even a glimmer of a raised eyebrow.

core

Cheddar cheese and strawberry jam sandwich.

tetchypete
    Free Member

Milk and Pepsi mixed 50:50, don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it.

Scapegoat

Marmite and raspberry jam on toast.
    Marmalade and cheddar cheese with toast.

vondally
    Free Member

crusty baguette with crisps and dark chocolate or Nutella.

nickc

very strong cheddar on a dark choc digestive

MrPottatoHead

Marmite and ketchup sandwiches. Sounds disgusting, but the sweet fruitiness of the ketchup offsets the strong bitterness of the Marmite, it’s really nice.

Needs some cheddar in the mix too-tastes amazing.

Daily breakfast is a Marmite and Peanut butter toastie for me.

bearnecessities

very strong cheddar on a dark choc digestive

That’s inspired. Spot of rhubarb & ginger chutney to finish it off maybe?

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I love raw pastry. As a kid I always waited in the kitchen when my mum made pies to eat the shaved off pastry before the pie went in the oven.

Still eat it every time the missus makes pies or quiches.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I’m quite partial to some ducks feet myself and pigs intestines although it has been a while.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Angostura in water, a fair few drops in a pint.

Salad cream and strong chedder sandwiches, always with sweet tea (pratically the only time I have sugar in tea).

White rice and baked beans.

Raw porridge oats with bran flakes, served with soy milk (un sweetened).

Not as odd as some I see 😉

badllama
    Free Member

I’ve just started on crumpets with melted cheese and brown sauce love it it’s my regular Saturday morning breakfast now 🙂

northernerindevon

Poached eggs on Marmite toast, if you’ve not tried it you must!

Why have I not been aware of this until now?!? Can’t wait until I get home to try this. Sadly may be some weeks though.

salad cream sandwich

Used to have these all the time as a kid 8)

My own weirdly great thing is chicken fajitas with added haggis; at work we get a slap up buffet meal 4 times a day (by all rights I should be somewhere around 20 stone by now) and as I was making my first fajita I thought, “ooh, haggis might work!” The rest is history… 😉

tinybits
    Free Member

badllama – Member
    I’ve just started on crumpets with melted cheese and brown sauce love it it’s my regular Saturday morning breakfast now
    POSTED 8 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Melt the cheese over a soft poached egg for extra win!

pictonroad

Woah there, Someone DRINKS Dolmio?

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘unusual things you liked to eat/drink.’ is closed to new replies.