Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Unskilled labour hourly rate in the SE
  • Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

Hiya

I’m probably only going to look back at the first page of responses in 30-60mins (if I get any) but just want to quick insight from the collective mind to see what the current going hourly rate of unskilled labour is. In the South East for what it’s worth.

i.e. rather heavy lifting of stone slabs, moving stuff around, cleaning up a site (tidying up a house after some construction works), inside and outside

Would £10 and hour be about right?

trail_rat
    Free Member

depends .

do you want to employ someone through the books to do it or do you want to bung some one downt pub some cash to do the job or self employed.

on the books ill be surprised if its more than 7-8 quid an hour. on account of NI and other payments on their behalf.

if your bunging someone some cash then 10 quid an hour sounds fair

if they are self employed and you want them to do some work you will be paying for the whole shooting match. probably closer to the region of 20-25 quid an hour.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

if I’m paying minimum wage as there should be a queue waiting to take up work and there is no skill involved.
    if I’m doing as much as I can screw the rich chav for

ski
    Free Member

Last year, I got paid £80 a day (or £400 per week) for site clearing work in the Midlands.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

cheers guys, that’ll do!

dannymite1981
    Free Member

Id say £10ph-£12ph cash is about right any less for a decent worker would be unfair IMO. 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Unskilled labour hourly rate in the SE’ is closed to new replies.