Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Unprovocated attack on cyclist ,disgusting and petty get out by van driver
  • mountainman
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Been on a retreat? 😛

piemonster

Are you new here?

mountainman

piemonster – Member

Are you new here?

Not about that much as busy work searching ,live in Eire now ,not wales anymore.

simondbarnes

My views on this…

The cyclist is a ****
    The van driver is a violent thug

One of these things deserves a prison sentence.

Duggan

Lets face it, they both seem like dicks

haggis1978

Duggan you beat me to it. I was just checking out more of his videos before writing that myself. The cyclist is a ****. He goes out of his way to have a go at people. He’s got a horn on his bike! The BMW convertible he has a go at gets it right I think. He’s at the very edge of the cycle lane and still acting like a tosser. The video entitled check your doors I don’t see a problem with the wee lady in the Citroen at all. He’s at least a couple of car lengths away when she opens her door which is plenty of time for him to react plus he’s already in the middle of the road anyway!

orangeboy
    Free Member

I did not view his other vids before posting him earlier
    But even though he now appersa to be knob

That white van man got off lightly

muzzle
    Free Member

I like the way he ignores it when the two blokes open doors in front of him, but feels brave enough to say something when it’s a woman doing it.

mountainman

NO I must admit I did not look at the guys other vids and yes I agree with rest the guy is a bit of a –nker and just provokes responses .

Glad to be out n away from nutters car n cyclists alike .

GrahamS

.. He’s at the very edge of the cycle lane… he’s already in the middle of the road anyway!

Not sure why these particular things (i.e. following the official guidance and bike training) make him a **** exactly?

I agree though that in the video he should have stopped and waited patiently for the car parking – as he would have done if he was also in a car – rather than squeezing past into the way of the van.

But no amount of bad manners or poor cycling should excuse someone using their vehicle as a potentially lethal weapon or getting out and physically assaulting you.

atlaz
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone is saying the van driver is justified. I think the comment of simondbarnes says it best:

My views on this…

The cyclist is a ****
    The van driver is a violent thug

One of these things deserves a prison sentence.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

i do wonder how many cyclists that don’t ride around with camera’s on, who don’t get arsey and nod their heads at cars attempting to park (legally) on busy high streets and don’t use high powered horns with aggression when overtaken perfectly legally by faster road user get thumped.

The cyclist got a well deserved dry slap in my opinion. Maybe now he’ll realise that not everyone is in second importance to him.

aracer
    Free Member

I think the comment of simondbarnes says it best:

+1.

End of thread.

GrahamS

when overtaken perfectly legally

Define “legally”? It certainly wasn’t a safe overtake or in accordance with the Highway Code.

I don’t have a horn but it would certainly have got a “furfoxsake” from me.

The cyclist got a well deserved dry slap in my opinion.

No such thing in my opinion.

GrahamS

For the record, this is NOT a safe and perfectly legal overtake:

Especially given that it’s a wide-angle lens, so it makes the van look further away than it really is.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Unprovocated attack on cyclist ,disgusting and petty get out by van driver’ is closed to new replies.