• This topic has 158 replies, 97 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 159 total)
  • Unplanned Pregnancy
  • Stainypants

The wife always wanted three i wasn’t convinced. We’d setback time limit of 40, I’d got my head round it wasn’t going to happen but it did.

Tough at first especially as we were just getting to the age we could do fun things with the other two.

This made worse as he has been the hardest of the three. I’ll struggled to bond with him it was easier to focus on the other two.

But he’s now just 5 and sat he beside me and absolutely adore him. He’s mellowed and hes turned into a lovely little boy.

Looking forward to taking him out riding in the morning.

Exercise is important for you well being don’t give it up. Road biking is cheap as you don’t have the maintenance costs. Get a new one from Decathlon or a used bargain of the classifieds. Running is even cheaper.

I manage to train for quiet lot and spend loads of time with the kids.

I just don’t watch TV or sleep much.

badnewz
    Free Member

I just knock the lasses up on the local council estate and let the taxpayer take care of it all 8)

leffeboy

The more I think about the new arrival, the more I’m starting to like the idea of it.

Someone please sort out a like button please

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Just become a dad at 38 1/2 and doubt it’ll be the last!

She’s only 3 weeks old, and I’ve been warned the first few weeks are very tough but she only has to do the slightest thing and our hearts melt and we just can’t stop taking pictures of her and picking her up for cuddles.

I’d imagine a fit and healthy 40 year old is in far better position to be a dad than someone overweight, unfit who drinks and smokes a lot! I wouldn’t worry about the age at all.

I’d keep up the biking, it doesn’t NEED to be expensive, in many countries its a form of transport for the poor, rather than a sport for the comfortably well off.

I’ve already managed to get out for a ride a couple of times locally, the fresh air and exercise felt very good.

iancity1
    Free Member

Echo all the other comments about how rewarding it is, and how you will never regret it. Had 3 children (now 25 and 18×2 twins) then started a new relationship 5 years ago when I was 43…little bundle of joy comes along a year later, so its just like starting again at 44. But, as all the other posts suggest, would never have it any other way..yeah sure I’m a bit tired every now and then (we were fighting on the floor a couple for hours ago and I said to her stop beating me up, Im nearly 50, and the laughter from her just filled the room, hmmm) but all the good times (and there are many) massively outweigh any negatives. You just need to be creative and find time so you can still enjoy your stuff, for me getting a turbo trainer and Zwift was a great way to keep fitness going – she is in bed at 7:30 so gives me an hour on the turbo. I also love watching my football, today I found myself watching the FA cup on my 6″ phone as little darling wanted to keep Peppa on the 42″ plasma…and you know what…I didnt mind, you just cope, you really do 🙂

senorj

Hello op.
    Here’s the thing .. Do you love your missus?
    If so, what you think is immaterial .
    If you do crack on.
    I am like you describe in your first post….1st child came along and crikey Moses !… If only I’d done it younger!!!!. 42 when my son came.
    I’m now in nearly the same position as you at 46!(it’s complicated)
    But, if you love each other….. You’ll be ok.
    Best of luck .

epicyclo

funkmasterp – Member
    Anybody else on here had a kid at forty?

First of all, congratulations.

It always works out. Time fixes everything. Material shit is just that. Wanting stuff makes you miserable. Family comes first.

Concentrate on the good bits because memories last forever, goodies come and go.

My last kid came when I was 50 (same wife 🙂 ). It’s even more fun when you’re older.

My first came when I was very young and in a dire position, no job, kid 3 months premature, open heart surgery etc etc. Then repeat operations in childhood. It all passed, but the good memories are still with us.

Best of luck.

wiggles
    Free Member

Im at the opposite end of the scale to most of you lot.

Had my first at 20, came as a bit of a shock when I was 19 had only moved in together (from our parents houses) a few months before finding out she was pregnant.

It hasn’t been easy living on just my (measly just above minimum) wage and a HUGE amount of family/personal problems crammed into my life since to make everything harder.

but I wouldn’t change it for the world, now 26 with 2 boys (6 and 4) and for some silly reason decided to get a dog last year, he is more trouble than the kids.

It is just one of those things your instincts kick in and you just do what you have to, I hadn’t even really thought about having kids before I had one,

funkmasterp

Holy thread Resurrection batman!

We are having a little girl 😀

Current house will be messed with to turn two large bedrooms in to two large and one small. Funk Jr keeps saying he wants a baby robot rather than a sister. Mrs F is happy as she’ll no longer be outnumbered.

I’m really looking forward to having a daughter and the madness that will bring. Thanks once again everyone for all your advice and sharing your experiences.

Now, names?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Louise?

wwaswas

We asked our then 4 year old;

Barbie Diana

Was his choice.

Don’t ask Funk Jr is my advice.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

You should probably have the thread deleted at some point so your future daughter doesn’t find this thread and therefore find out that she was an unwanted pregnancy.

MoreCashThanDash

Unplanned pregnancy, clearly a wanted daughter!

It’s never the “right” time to have them, but they are amazing.

funkmasterp

You should probably have the thread deleted at some point so your future daughter doesn’t find this thread and therefore find out that she was an unwanted pregnancy.

Unplanned and unwanted isn’t the same thing. I’ll probably show her this thread.

Louise?

😆 no

molgrips
    Free Member

Definitely Louise.

scud
    Free Member

I like Freya, but then that it is my daughters name, friend just called his daughter Ella, which i like a lot to

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Shaneequa.

funkmasterp

Freya is on our list along with Isla and Isobell. Middle name will be Astrid as it’s a tradition on Mrs F’s side and it’s a great name

Shaneequa

I like it, but would spell it differently, just to be unique. Shakneekwa? 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Freya!!!???

That’s like calling her Lolita !

wwaswas

do consider all possible contractions and combinations of initials.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Missy?

Short for FunkmistressP.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Unplanned and unwanted isn’t the same thing. I’ll probably show her this thread.

You say that – but

Another found that children who were unintended by their mothers had lower self-esteem than their intended peers 23 years later.

Something to keep in mind, although that article doesn’t go into the causes of low self esteem. Perhaps best to do some research?

http://www.prochoiceforum.org.uk/psy_ocr2.php

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

How about some Irish names?

Really easy to pronounce and spell 😆

Caoimhe
    Aoibheann
    Bláthnaid

She won’t spend her life constantly spelling them out and explaining how to pronounce them, honestly.

twistedpencil

Our third was unplanned – to be fair so was number one, well the wife planned that one 🙂

Nothing wrong with unplanned kids – it’s the love and attention they get when they arrive that counts.

Oldest child came up with the name for the youngest daughter, admittedly after a few random suggestions.

All the best with the pregnancy.

Steve

nickc

Funk Jr keeps saying he wants a baby robot rather than a sister

seems a sensible kid 😆

stumpy01

Seems like things are sounding a lot more optimistic now?

We had a daughter & called her Chloe.

Other names on the list were:

Ella
    Charlie
    Scarlett
    Sophia (her middle name is Sophia)
    …lots more I’ve forgotten!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Bob?

It’s the long version of Kate.

funkmasterp

Can’t go wrong with Bob. A proper solid girls name.

You say that – but

Another found that children who were unintended by their mothers had lower self-esteem than their intended peers 23 years later.
    Something to keep in mind, although that article doesn’t go into the causes of low self esteem. Perhaps best to do some research?

Thanks for the input and concern Tom, all views are welcomed. The little bugger will be cherished though, there won’t be a shortage of affection and cuddles in the house of Funk.

BigJohn

Isabel (necessary on a bike?)

jekkyl

We are having a little girl

easier to clean the poo off and they call their parents when they get older.
    Congrats family funkyp. 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How about some Irish names?

Finnounhahardigan though i’m not sure how it is spelled

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Natasha

Jessica

Wilma

Kara

Congrats by the way and PP You very bad man for Louise!

nickc

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7URSM_ShQQ[/video]

corroded
    Free Member

the Delta-246 mkII

To keep FunkJr happy.

fatmax

I’m the youngest of five (by eight years) and my mam told me/us that four of us were unplanned. Doesn’t stop us all feeling loved and cherished and really close to our folks and feeling that they were exceptional parents…they were obviously just a bit sh*te at contraception! As the youngest by eight years I’m assuming that I’m one of the four unplanned!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Glad you have sorted everything out.
    You need an up to date, funky name that everyone can relate to
    Paris
    Brittany
    Or
    Theresa

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Just seen this. Best of luck OP; sounds like you’re (kind of) looking forward to the new arrival. Tough at first, but most of us get through somehow.

Oh, and Laura is the best girl’s name

alpin
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member

You say that – but

time and a place…?
    not cool fella….

totalshell

40.. young whipper snapper.. i got my first kid as a 40th birthday present the second 2 years later my wifes best friend had twins at 48 her husband is 65!! twin boys at 65..

money is overated.. dont be downszing or rubbish like that dont sell the bike.. get fully sorted on benifits and allowances etc.. you may be surprsed to what you are entitled most of all look forward to the new baby rejoice in him/her and enjoy.. best years of your life everything else is just fluff.

funkmasterp

She’s arrived and she is beautiful 😀

Came out at 37 weeks as she wasn’t growing. 5lb and 3oz, I just gave her her first feed and cut the cord. Her brother has done serious competition

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 159 total)

The topic ‘Unplanned Pregnancy’ is closed to new replies.