Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Unordered Amazon package
  • bodgy
    Free Member

A friend has received a very nice pair of quite expensive noise cancelling wireless headphones from Amazon, that she never ordered and isn’t – as far as she knows – a gift.

What to do?

Drac

Return them.

cp

Does it show in her amazon order history?

How do you know it’s not a gift?

bodgy
    Free Member

Not in her order history, no accompanying paperwork, nothing gone out of bank account, not gift wrapped.

It’s a secret admirer if it’s a gift.

grim168
    Free Member

Email them. They probably wont reply like when they left my laptop on the front step and I complained.

cp

Not in her order history, no accompanying paperwork, nothing gone out of bank account, not gift wrapped

That does suggest it’s a gift from someone

bodgy
    Free Member

That does suggest it’s a gift from someone

I’ve looked up the headphones – they’re around the £250 mark. Bloody lovely anonymous gift if that is the case.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Perhaps the neighbors are buying a drum kit for christmas?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Was it sent to her address with her name on the package?

timidwheeler

I’ve sent a few gifts in the past which Amazon have helpfully removed any receipts from but forgotten to put my gift message in.
    I then get a text message from my sister asking if I’ve sent them something.

bodgy
    Free Member

Was it sent to her address with her name on the package?

Yup.

drum kit for christmas

Lol.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Keep them. Amazon go out of their way to screw everyone and everything they can, so **** ’em.
    View as your share of the millions in tax they owe 😀

km79
    Free Member

As above, I’d keep them for the same reason.

sweaman2
    Free Member

If it was addressed to her then I’d say gift. Amazon occasionally forgets gift tags or sometimes the sended just forgets. I’ve got several packages for Christmas in this scenario and so working out who sent what is going to be interesting….

nixie

Amazon appear to be moving to not including delivery notes at all if my recent deliveries are anything to go by.

bodgy
    Free Member

Keep them. Amazon go out of their way to screw everyone and everything they can, so **** ’em.
    View as your share of the millions in tax they owe

Pretty much my gut instinct, too.

I think she’ll keep them over Christmas and into the New Year to see if anything comes to light, and then review the situation.

Cougar

If you receive unsolicited goods you have the legal right to keep it.

Bit shit if it’s an intended gift and you don’t know who sent it, mind.

funkmasterp

Sits back and waits for the outraged forumites who’ll declare “Return them, it’s theft and morally bankrupt” and other posts of the sort.

I’d keep them, especially if they were addressed to me.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Unordered Amazon package’ is closed to new replies.