• This topic has 44 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by cbike.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • 'Unofficial' records you still hold?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Used to do a lot of rollerskating in the 80’s (Bauer non-inline skates…!)and used to frequent the local roller disco as it was a good place to impress the ladies 😳
    They used to have a ‘jumping over people’ competition whereby other kids would lie down in the middle of the hall and people would get to jump them. Each round another bod was added to the line..
    I bumped into one of the guys, who ran it, over the weekend and he was quick to tell me that I still hold the records for ‘jumping people – 13 + 2 boxes’, ‘jumping people whilst skating backwards – 7’ and ‘jumping people whilst doing a 180 – 10’.

How about you?

RustySpanner

Pint of Guinness, sub 3 seconds.
    🙂

Davesport

Deepest open water dump anywhere in the world. At the base of the Magnus platform circa 600 feet 😀 I couldn’t wait any longer !

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Hold the record for most consecutive pull ups at the local gym, 45 at the age of 52, i just love keeping them young bucks in their place.
    Can also do 5 reps with +40kg.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I once bunny hopped 46 1/2 inches on a pink 26″ bike (Malvern Classic 199something) ,riding ‘at’ it.Before the trials kids came along and started side hopping over instead,or as I call it ‘cheating’.
    I suspect Danny McCatskills can do it backwards now….to manual.

stever
    Free Member

I hold the record for running the Three Peaks. The three peaks of north Cheshire that is. The night record. Which is quite a bit slower than the day record.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Scaling the largest sand dune in Britain on crutches

Longest unsupported solo Rickshaw ride ~530ish Miles Canterbury to Edinburgh

Starting breakdance battles in the most continents without actually being able to breakdance

Also likely to hold the record for lowest Bottom Bracket on a bike with 160mm Front and 150mm rear travel in the county of Ceredigion at 12.7 inches…

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Oh and ‘greatest number of vicious dogs fought with a pen in pitch black rural Guatemala’

Cougar

On a “house holiday” with maybe 15 or so friends, I attained the record for number of pancakes consumed in a sitting.

At a local “pub olympics” pub quiz, beermat flipping (limited because they ran out of mats).

Drac

I stuffed 603 Marshmallows up a single nostril, no one will beat that.

paule
    Free Member

I think I hold the record for the trans-Pennine trail by bike, 21 hours from Southport to hornsea.

perchypanther
    Free Member

stuffed 603 Marshmallows up a single nostril, no one will beat that.

You are Toxteth O’Grady and I claim my five pounds.

Edit: You are NOT Toxteth O’Grady. 604. BOOOM!

jamj1974

Landowne Gate Stair Jumping – attempted and achieved a full flight 2002/2003/2004. No one else stupid enough to try…

theotherjonv

Most pints of Guiness drunk in Galway by a Reading supporter on the night we got promoted. 15.

Followed by a curry.

And may also hold the record for the blackest turds ever laid in Galway by a Reading fan the day after promotion.

colp

We were on a narrow boat trip, mate sat on bow.
    He dropped his guts, and I got the full impact of stench where I was steering at the back.
    We reckon it was a 67 foot guff, although the forward motion of the boat helped with the distance achieved.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member

I once bunny hopped 46 1/2 inches on a pink 26″ bike (Malvern Classic 199something) ,riding ‘at’ it.Before the trials kids came along and started side hopping over instead,or as I call it ‘cheating’.
    I suspect Danny McCatskills can do it backwards now….to manual.

If you have not mixed up your Metric and Imperial that is a serious effort. Not many would be able to clear that sort of height side hop or no.

senorj

I hold the works record for eating the most cream crackers within a minute.5!!
    That was a particularly slow day.

fasthaggis

Hold the record for most consecutive pull ups at my local gym, 48 at the age of 55, I just love showing off in front of young unfit people.It defines me.
    Can also do 10 reps with +45kg. 😛
    Most pogo stick pogos in our garden(150).

scaredypants

Drac – Moderator
    I stuffed 603 Marshmallows up a single nostril, no one will beat that

Wow, patient must’ve been pretty ill to remain unconscious through that

jabbi
    Free Member

2 and a half foot joint, used a rod rest to hold the end up 😆

scaredypants

Fastest drive from Stockton town centre to The Kirk while eating Kentucky ribs, chicken & chips & steering with your knees 🙄

That’ll stand forever 8) – unless they start doing ribs again

maccruiskeen

until they build a new service station between kendal and glasgow my record for sleeping in the most service station between kendal and glasgow in one journey can be equalled but never beaten.

cranberry
    Free Member

Scardypants – it’ll hold forever because what was The Kirk is now a housing estate.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Ate 19 slices of pizza at a pizza hut buffet all you can eat for £5.
    I’m only a 62kg whippet.
    Had to be carried to the car.

brooess
    Free Member

Longest period juggling satsumas whilst standing on one leg dressed as Santa Claus. About 50 secs I think. There used to be some video evidence too…

RobHilton
    Free Member

Ate 19 slices of pizza at a pizza hut buffet all you can eat for £5.

I did 23, was quite stoned, mates car had broken down and we had plenty of time to kill waiting for the AA.

qwerty
    Free Member

I once obtained a British record for a left hand clean & jerk 8)

grahamt1980

qwerty – Member

I once obtained a British record for a left hand clean & jerk

Use many tissues?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Fastest down the Flint Terror.

vickypea
    Free Member

Mr Pea reckons that I’m the most ham-fisted person in the world!

stevied
    Free Member

2 and a half foot joint, used a rod rest to hold the end up

Regularly did 8-10 king-size Rizla using an old roller blind.. 😕

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I have the kom for a local stretch for both running and cycling. I havent told my faster friends… I also was the fastest north to south of the great glen way apparently but that has been smashed now…

bigad40
    Free Member

Most Jaffa cakes wedged into my mouth without chewing!
    Almost suffocated in the process.

matt_outandabout

Indian stone skimming champion.

According to the world championship organisers I was first and only Indian entry…therefore am allowed to say… 😉

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I was the Derbyshire Sausage and Cider Music Festival eating Champion of 2015. I won’t be back this year to defend it.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Oh and “The Kessel Run” in 11.56 parsecs

kimbers

Back in my weed smoking days, there was no one I couldn’t out smoke- bongs, pipes, spliffs, anything that’ll tend to make you very high 😉 . no one could keep pace.

**** knows what my lungs look like but man those days were fun.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Scoring just under 4500 on the Cooper run in school.

Level 19 on the beep test at school, those were 16 years ago, and up to a few years ago were still standing.

scaredypants

Scardypants – it’ll hold forever because what was The Kirk is now a housing estate.

awww man – I actually, literally, danced my ass off in there 🙁

mikey74
    Free Member

Rolled and smoke a metre long, erm “cigarette” in Uni.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘'Unofficial' records you still hold?’ is closed to new replies.