Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Unlucky with Hope Pro 2 Evo!
  • lune
    Free Member

My Hope Hoops have around 250 miles on them and the rear has been back 3 times in around 4 weeks! Each time Hope have been fine and sorted without issue.
    The wheel is held in place with Hope QR not overnight/loose, had others check this for 2nd opinion. Frame is steel HT Orange.
    Each time the rear wheel has been returned to Hope with play (wiggles side to side a little when in frame).
    Only really noticed something was wrong first time round as rear brake was catching/vibrating. Wheel went back to Hope and non drive side bearing was replaced.

Then after 2 short rides out (50 miles mainly road and bridleway) play reoccured.
    This time round Hope replaced replaced the hub body and rebuilt wheel.
    As above around 50 miles later play reoccured, so off to Hope again and non drive side bearing has been replaced again.
    So wheel lands back again today. Any tips for keeping his wheel from going south? Either I’m extremely unlucky with bearings or I’m the common denominator and it’s something I’m doing to the wheel.
    Hope agree each time that wheel not right and have great customer service, however they as baffled as me…

Any suggestions out there?

Northwind

Get it exorcised

mattjg
    Free Member

You’ve been unlucky. Just keep riding.

lune
    Free Member

Third time lucky I hope. I’m not puttin on the lottery for a while that’s for sure!

enfht
    Free Member

Who needs reliability when you’ve got Hope’s legendary customer service..

rudedog
    Free Member

enfht – Member
    Who needs reliability when you’ve got Hope’s legendary customer service..

If you’ve got to pay to send the wheel back to them each time the hub fails then its not so good.

thorpie
    Free Member

I’ve got a Hope Hub to go back, the rotor bolt casings have cracked. Hoping they will replace the hub and build the wheel back up for me.

lune
    Free Member

No arguments, Hope are fantastic to deal with, real people at the end of the phone who know what they’re talking about.
    You’re right rudedog, the downside is I’ve paid 3 courier charges and as it was running tubeless I’ve had to retape after it was rebuilt and been without a wheel for couple of weeks in total.
    The upside is I do appreciate a lesser company could just be fobbing me off.

Thorple, I’m sure you’ll get sorted with that.

robhughes
    Free Member

Don’t you just love evolution.What was up with the problem free old pro2. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Unlucky with Hope Pro 2 Evo!’ is closed to new replies.