Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • unknown RIP – derbyshire
  • StuF

Sad news. RIP

Coyote
    Free Member
    project
    Free Member

Published on Monday 26 September 2011 16:19

AN inquest into the deaths of a motorcyclist and a cyclist who died following a crash has been opened and adjourned.

Chesterfield Coroner’s court heard that motorcycle rider Kim Broomhead from Sheffield died when his Suzuki GSXR collided with a man on pedal bike on the A621 road between Baslow and Owler Bar at around 12.55pm on Sunday.

The cyclist was also killed in the smash, although police have so far been unable to identify him.

Speaking at the inquest, PC Andrew Prince, said the cyclist – who was riding a Giant road bike – was in his 30’s and wearing a dark blue cycling top with the words Kalenji on, dark blue cycling shorts with white panels that said Gordon & Smith, and a blue and white cycling helmet.

Deputy coroner, Nigel Anderson, adjourned the inquest on Monday.

redthunder
    Free Member

that sucks 🙁

alexpalacefan

No doubt the motor cyclist was riding safely and within the speed limit.

Hacks me off that these people treat the public roads as a playground to race on. Now 2 people are dead, one of them innocent.

Safe riding guide?

Let the flaming commence.

APF

wwaswas

All a bit sad for a row, really.

Maybe we should just try and remember that two people died and from what I can see no ‘blame’ has yet been apportioned?

almightydutch
    Free Member

Yeah and all these road cyclists never use the road as a racetrack do they???

TheFlyingOx

No doubt the motor cyclist was riding safely and within the speed limit.

Hacks me off that these people treat the public roads as a playground to race on. Now 2 people are dead, one of them innocent.

Safe riding guide?

APF

Seeing as you seem to have witnessed the accident and the conditions that led to it, you should probably make yourself known to the Derbyshire police. You might help with identifying the dead cyclist.

Blackhound

A club mate was on the scene soon after:

http://www.derbymercury.org.uk/forummenu/general-chat/12495-accident-in-peak-district-yesterday.html

Alex may have been close to the truth. Sadly.

thepodge
    Free Member

idiots are idiots regardless of their mode of transport.

I’ve never crashed my motorbike but have written off my car

I’m tempted to start carrying some ID with me just in case. their family and friends must be really worried

antigee

now named as Matthew Hook age 28

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/local/two_killed_in_bike_smash_1_3811019
    edit bit blunt – not a lot to say very sad

Hanky

Very sad, RIP – I drive this road most days, and also ride along it on my road bike.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

all these road cyclists never use the road as a racetrack do they?

But when they do, they’ll rarely exceed the speed limit, and if they do come off, they rarely take anyone else with them.

RIP Matthew. And the motorcyclist too, even if they did ride like ****t.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘unknown RIP – derbyshire’ is closed to new replies.