Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Universal mech hanger for emergencies?
  • Drillski
    Free Member

Hi
    I'm sure I saw once a universal mech hanger, that was a simple if crude replacement for a trashed mech hanger, to fit pretty much any bike. Does anyone know of such and where it can be sourced? And more importantly , do they actually work???
    Think i saw one as part of a multitool once?
    I'm getting a bit fed up on recent group rides with mech hanger failures in other memebers of the group, then having to curtail the ride as they are converting to makeshift singlespeed arrangement to get back.

I carry a spare mech ahnger for myself on most lengthy rides, but most of my chums don't. I know the answer is to persuade tehm to get a spare hanger for their bike, but realisitcally, it ain't gonna happen.emergency it home
    TIA
    Drillski

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Leave them for dead, they've earned it.

bruneep
    peachos
    Free Member

think betd do one. i carry spares for my own bike AND a universal on as i often lead rides with the club…but in my experience of when a time has arisen to use the universal one it has not fitted! and it doesn't fit either of my bikes too. not sure about them. make your mates buy a spare!

bassspine
    Free Member

madison

I've been carrying one around for a couple of years now. Umbrella theory – if you have a spare you won't need it.

Xar
    Free Member

I bought the mutli tool one from CRC, haven't used it yet so i've no idea if the hanger is any good.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=37246

Hanger by itself

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=32466

ratherbeintobago

They work. My usual cycling partner in crime used one for months on his road bike as Wilier were playing silly buggers about selling him a replacement for one that snapped.

Andy

goog
    Free Member

charlie the bikemonger sells them – £7

Doug
    Free Member

They work on an Intense 6.6.

Drillski
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, The chain reaction one looks promising

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Universal mech hanger for emergencies?’ is closed to new replies.