Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • unions and management empire building.
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Following on from the other threads.

In my experience which is limited to the UK there is alot of empire building in the UK, in companies in unions it doesn’t matter.

You get the individuals in charge looking at their own benefits rather than those they report to. I look at the history of the 70’s and there seems to be very much an us and them thing, people aren’t working for a company and are not interested in the long term prosperity of the business.

So is this a british thing or is it universal?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think people will care if they think the employer cares. However an employer is not your friend where favours and effort will all even out over the length of your life. If your company decides to move away becuase it is cheaper when they need another factory they will, if they cannot make money from your labour they will make you redundant. They no more have your interest at heart than you should have theirs. They do want you to feel grateful for having a job as it makes you more compliant.
    Your futures are briefly intrinsically linked but via a contract of employment not some sort of friendship bond for eternity…its just a job. Likewise if someone offered my more money I would go as well.
    Power crazy people get to the top because no other type of person tries generally.

mrmo
    Free Member

not arguing your points, just that i have seen so many people take it to the next step and regard the management as the enemy. So rather than working together to make the company better it is more like a war where the purpose of the business is forgotten.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘unions and management empire building.’ is closed to new replies.