Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Union Flag seatpost from Thomson for Team GB
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Saltire would be better. 😛

mogrim

Saltire would be better.

St. George’s Cross FTW, though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Except it woon’t Glupton, cos the Saltaire isn’t the flayg of Great Britain…..

angryratio
    Free Member

They need to sell that as a special edition.

Thomson….

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Normally when the union flag gets incorporated into kit and clothing design I reckon it looks a right old mess but that looks alright.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What’s a ‘Saltaire’ and a ‘flayg’?.

andyl
    Free Member

only an Elite. pfft. I bet Team USA get Masterpiece ones.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

And Thomson’s agricultural kit has no place on any world class racers bike.

jimmyjames
    Free Member

Yeah, “union jack” designs normally look proper tacky but I think the Thomson looks pretty sweet.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What’s a ‘Saltaire’

😆

A lovely beautiful place near Bradford:

morgs
    Free Member

just sent a message to them – I reckon we all should 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

ugly and rather heavy for a race bike ……are they selling them to the General public to uglify their bike to raise funds to send our guys to london 2012 :d

angryratio
    Free Member

Likewise Morgs i have..

robhughes
    Free Member

Done here as well. 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

And Thomson’s agricultural kit has no place on any world class racers bike.

This!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Being as Liam and Annie use AX lightness posts on their bikes I can’t see them taking them off for those…. Nothing gets on Liams bike without being weighed and then modified to make it lighter!

Houns

Want!

rOcKeTdOg

take about 2 seconds for the anodising to come off

br
    Free Member

Is it just me, or does anyone else always find amusement in foreign made/owned products and/or corporations utilising/abusing our flags?

allthepies
    Free Member

take about 2 seconds for the anodising to come off

Really ? Is that your experience of Thomson anodising ? In my case the (black) anodising is unmarked and seems very resilient.

Perhaps you should send your back for a warranty claim.

Radioman

Nice seat post. Funny that even with all this weighing and weight obsession our XC guys don’t seem to win many races. Maybe they should focus on strong reliable kit like Thomson and concentrate on the riding & just get fitter? We seem to do much better in DH and other cycling events.

njee20
    Free Member

We seem to do much better in DH and other cycling events.

You mean DH where Steve Peat stripped all the anodising off his wheels, took all the seals out of his hubs, and ran 160/140 rotors to win the World Champs?

If their kit was failing you’d have a point, but it doesn’t, so you look like a bit of a ****. IMO.

Radioman

njee. The point is that our lack of form in XC races is hardly likely to be due to heavy kit, or is it? Steve Peat and other top UK DH racers would probably podium even with stock bikes. Steve Peat is fighting for 1st place in VERY tightly contested MUCH tighter race which are won by minimal time splits. In the last Olympics our xc people were way back with massive time margins. By the way. Your use of *** is not appreciated!

njee20
    Free Member

Last years Dalby World Cup was won by less than a second, over a 2 hour race, so that’s about 1/7200 of the race duration (for arguments sake). If a DH race is 6 minues that would involve winning by 0.03 seconds, very few are that close.

the last Olympics our xc people were way back with massive time margins

Liam Killeen crashed, and fought back to an extremely credible finishing position.

Where did you finish at the Hadleigh Invitational, on your shopper bike? I can only assume you’re preparing for London to show our dreadful riders how it’s done 🙄

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m not normally one for flag waving, but even I like that…I might even drop a begging email to Thomson asking when I’ll be able to buy one.

Of course, you have to have a stem to match. Collars n’ cuffs and all.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i think it looks good on its own in an if i won it as a prize id stick it on the mantelpiece kind of way but i cant think of a bike or colour scheme it would suit at all …

njee20
    Free Member

i think it looks good on its own in an if i won it as a prize id stick it on the mantelpiece kind of way but i cant think of a bike or colour scheme it would suit at all …

+1

It would look rubbish in a frame as you’d ‘lose’ half of the graphic. Awesome trophy though!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Maybe they should focus on strong reliable kit like Thomson and concentrate on the riding & just get fitter?

Blimey, that’s where their going wrong, I’d better email them to let them know and they’ll p*ss the Olympics this time around…

I’d buy that argument if they didn’t finish races due to kit breaking, but they don’t. 2 riders from the GB MTB team hit the podium at the Euro XC champs this weekend and Oli Becks was 9th in Elite men too, there’s more to XC racing than skill, the top guys are all very well trained, in fact to the point where genetics and luck is probably the only thing making the difference. do you think all the GB team are just sitting around in hotels dicking around with playstations all day then turning up and racing? Thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours are being invested in the performance of these guys. try having a bit of respect…..

njee20
    Free Member

I’d buy that argument if they didn’t finish races due to kit breaking, but they don’t. 2 riders from the GB MTB team hit the podium at the Euro XC champs this weekend and Oli Becks was 9th in Elite men too, there’s more to XC racing than skill, the top guys are all very well trained, in fact to the point where genetics and luck is probably the only thing making the difference. do you think all the GB team are just sitting around in hotels dicking around with playstations all day then turning up and racing? Thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours are being invested in the performance of these guys. try having a bit of respect…..

+1, and from a man who knows!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Union Flag seatpost from Thomson for Team GB’ is closed to new replies.