Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • (un) seize the day..
  • DrP

In teh process of swapping over all the bits from one frame to another (Chromag Rootdown…can’t wait to ride it), I discovered the list of things that should turn, but no longer turn was:
    Bottom bracket
    Top pulley wheel
    Bottom pulley wheel…

No wonder the bike was becoming a pig to ride!

The crank axle was just turning in the top-hats, and the pulley bearings were seized right up.

All greased now, and BB replaced.

It’s surprising into what state of disrepair a bike can get into if not ridden much!

DrP

bencooper
    Free Member

The bit I’ve never been able to understand fully is why tyres go down when left in the shed, but same tyres will stay up if the bike is ridden.

Stoner
    Free Member

centripetal force innit.

rOcKeTdOg

Centrifugal force forces the air to the outside of the tyre giving impression of constant inflation. Stationary wheels don’t have this so look flat….or something

Stoner
    Free Member
    bencooper
    Free Member

Not Coriolis force, then? 😉

It’s not that they appear flat, they really do go down faster when not used.

dufusdip
    Free Member

You too must be using 26″ wheels – they go down faster because off the smaller tyre size so 1cc of air is a bigger proportion of the smaller tyre volume.
    🙂

rOcKeTdOg

I live in the Midlands, everything is central

BillOddie

It’s surprising into what state of disrepair a bike can get into if not ridden much!

Garage Goblins… :fact:

scaredypants

mechanicaldope

It’s coz they cry all their air out from being too sad.

sirromj

Changes to centrifrugal force up north :-p

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘(un) seize the day..’ is closed to new replies.