Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ultegra gruppo & superstar roadie wheels ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Anyone able to beat £595 and in stock for delivery ?

priced up changing the rings , bb , brake pads , hoods, front mech ,jockey wheels and cables on Mrs T-Rs race bike as its shagged after last season.

came to not much less than a gruppo. found full ultegra silver 6700 without wheels for 595. THat the best price ? any of the german sites do gruppos ? i cant seem to find any on rose.

(not wasting – ill move the current ultegra onto my road bike and sell/pass on whats left of my tiagra/sora 9 speed mix)

Super star wheels – those elite 20/24 spoke things for 165 seem light – do they last any time – ie the hubs and rims? the build i can fix when they arrive. – its a toss up between them and the planet x model Bs(which i have on my TT bike already and im happy with and mrs T-r is only 9 stone on a rainy day) for a set of light weight training wheels – save her good wheels for racing

tang
    Free Member

Got a link?

Bregante

I looked at those recently as I have had good experiences of superstar mtb wheels. I’ve decided I need something a bit more substantial though (am 15st). There’s a bloke on bikeradar who builds wheels who has a view on most road wheelsets. His views seem well regarded over there.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12902744&p=18115318

trail_rat
    Free Member

tang – cheers for the link but on there it seems to be 542.55 + 5.90 shipping plut 50 quid for cassette. 🙁 ah well worth a try.

aye bregante – i know a good wheel when i have it in my hands i spent many years building them but the trouble with the internet is…… so i read your link – i think ill skip. Model Bs off my TT bike it is then 😉 Ill replace my wheels when i have legs back that warrent entering a TT

(oh and fwiw im in balkanabat , turkmenistan and i need a set of wheels waiting at my door for my return or ill be a dead man)

tang
    Free Member

Ah yes, that’s going by my calculations of today’s rate not theirs. £ has taken a bashing so euro stores are less value again 🙁 annoying as I’m in the market for a groupset and should have done it a while back.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ribble… about to put my order in they only have grey and its 606 with compact 172.5 which is annoyingly what mrs Tr rides 🙁

tang
    Free Member

ribble look the best here. Actionsports.de are similar price.

njee20
    Free Member

tang – cheers for the link but on there it seems to be 542.55 + 5.90 shipping plut 50 quid for cassette. ah well worth a try.

You sure Terry – I get €503.36 for the group and €41.93 for an 11-28 block.

boblo
    Free Member

Groupset from Merlin, 3% Cashback via Quidco and sell the cassette/chain if you don’t need it for ~£50.

trail_rat
    Free Member

just checked again – it definantly isnt 503 euros for me once you select shipping destination uk.

ive just ordered the ribble one anyway – at least i know ribble are reasonably quick to deliver 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ultegra gruppo & superstar roadie wheels ?’ is closed to new replies.