Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ultegra 6700 shifters – can you replace the levers?
  • johnny63

Managed to get my lever kicked off today in a ‘cross race – anyone know if the lever itself can be replaced? or do you need a complete shifter?

simondbarnes

You can get new lever assemblies. They retail @ £89.99 each.

johnny63

Thanks Simon – do you know if that is for the lever and shifter paddle? and where can you get them?

simondbarnes

Madison part numbers are 6SC 9802 for the left lever, 6SC 9801 for the right lever.

johnny63

Excellent – much appreciated

jimc101
    Free Member

Item #1 here Tech Docs

simondbarnes

Tech docs are here…

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/ST/EV-ST-6700-2936B_v1_m56577569830799963.pdf

Looks like you also need shifting lever unit which is another £89.99

Any bike shop with a Madison account can get the parts.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Right or left? 6sc9801 for right 6sc9802 for left (is it wrong that I know that off by heart?).Mr Barnes is correct.PITA to swap though 😐
    DAMN IT-beaten to it 🙁

johnny63

RH one – so Simon, you saying that I the ‘ brake’ lever AND the ‘down’ shifter are separate fittings ?

simondbarnes

RH one – so Simon, you saying that I the ‘ brake’ lever AND the ‘down’ shifter are separate fittings ?

Looks like it according to the exploded view.

johnny63

Yikes – that’s £180 for ‘half’ a shifter unit!! Could be cheaper trying to buy a new set! I put a post up in the wanted section…..just in case someone had their LH shifter ‘kicked’ off at some stage – thanks for the help / info guys.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Are 6700s the previous generation with cables out of the side? If so I’ve got a pair doing nothing in a box in the garage.

Rorschach
    Free Member

They’re 6600.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ultegra 6700 shifters – can you replace the levers?’ is closed to new replies.