Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • UKIP update
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member
    allthepies
    Free Member

That’s presumably the bloke who was stating that UKIP wanted to make rape legal in the context of a marriage ?

He didn’t mention that in the article, odd.

kimbers

are we seeing the rise of ukipaphobia-

an irrational fear of people in blazers who like a pint and a fag?

ninfan
    Free Member

My understanding was that the complaint to the police was under electoral law, because what appeared to be a campaign leaflet was being distributed by a green party activist in the run up to the election, but didn’t contain an official declaration that it was Green Party material, as required by the electoral commission.

MrsToast
    Free Member

That’s presumably the bloke who was stating that UKIP wanted to make rape legal in the context of a marriage ?

It’s the bloke who took the original image that was circulating online that made statements about UKIP policy, and researched each one, adding citations onto the image saying where each one had come from. Some were from UKIP’s own site, some were from UKIP candidates and politicians, some were based on UKIP politicans’ voting record, some were from donors and a couple he listed as not being able to find a source.

Bimbler
    Free Member

This is errr interesting too,

John Lyndon Sullivan, UKIP Gloucestershire

chewkw
    Free Member

Some people really hate UKIP with passion. 😯

footflaps

Some people really hate UKIP with passion

Can you blame them? Most UKIP candidates seem to be extremely unpleasant people, who have decided that UKIP stands a better chance than the BNP, so have jumped on that bandwagon instead.

Luckily they’re just a protest vote, but it would be truly horrific if they actually ever got in power.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    Some people really hate UKIP with passion.

… and you are surprised? Immediately after reading the preceding post?

How do you function on a daily basis, I wonder.

ninfan
    Free Member

Dunno, do people also hate the Lib dems because they’re full of pervs, nonces and criminals?

Nobby

They do seem a little less scary once you’ve had a visit or literature from the English Democrats. 😯

UKIP do remain the more dangerous of them in view of their growing following though.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I was going to EDIT:

say something about ninfan’s comment, then decided not to indulge in vituperative name calling….

He’s otherwise probably quite sensible.

I hope.

ninfan
    Free Member

Or perhaps you remembered that yes, there have been cases of all those being members of the party

and in the interest of balance, yes, more than likely every other party too

Which shows how pointless it is to play the game of “they’re all _____” based upon what a small minority of members or representatives of any particular political party do!

ahwiles
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

Some people really hate UKIP with passion.

i know a few people who are backing UKIP.

none of them are doing if for respectable reasons, none of them mention things like transport, or taxation, NHS, energy, whatever.

all the people i know who will be voting UKIP are doing so because they don’t like people with brown skin – they’ve said as much.

i feel a bit sick thinking about it.

emsz
    Free Member

GSN had an article ages ago about John Sullivan saying that PE would stop people being gay

He’s a ****

chewkw
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

How do you function on a daily basis, I wonder.

Yes, I am surprised at how strongly people opposed garbage views like that UKIP person above. C’mon do you think he is going out culling others with Benelli M4 because they are different? This a grumpy old man views.

Yes, some UKIP members are unpleasant but the chances or probability of same unpleasant people in the main parties might actually be more based on their numbers. They are merely hiding behind some pleasant public presentation that’s all. i.e. those zombie maggots in main parties.

In fact I function rather well because this is peanut by comparison to the religious right wing views where I come from. 🙄

ahwiles – Member
    all the people i know who will be voting UKIP are doing so because they don’t like people with brown skin – they’ve said as much.

I live in a Labour stronghold and guess what the amount of views towards other skin colours are not that different from UKIP. They just do not express them explicitly and as often that’s all but deep down they just don’t like them because they look different.

🙄

Northwind

ninfan – Member

Dunno, do people also hate the Lib dems because they’re full of pervs, nonces and criminals?

I hate the Lib Dems because they’re full of tory love juice.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In Croydon we have a Polish banker, who came to the UK in 1999, as a UKIP candidate. He claims that UKIP speaks up for Eastern Europeans against attacks from Labour and the Tories :

“Ed Miliband has pointed the finger [at] the Poles, so has David Cameron and even Boris Johnson as well. They are using the Poles as a scapegoat.”

And he is of course a disillusion Tory :

He said: “At some point over a year ago I started to become disillusioned with the Conservatives. I started believing they no longer really are conservative”.

Polish council candidate Przemek Skwirczynski: Ukip is the natural choice of eastern Europeans

They really are stark raving bonkers.

grum
    Free Member

Which shows how pointless it is to play the game of “they’re all _____” based upon what a small minority of members or representatives of any particular political party do!

It’s not that small a minority with UKIP though is it – and their vile views are simply the more extreme end of the parties outlook and policies. I’m not aware there are any lib dem policies or promotional materials that support ‘pervs, nonces and criminals’.

kimbers

private eye have a plan

Junkyard
    Free Member

NW wins the interntz 😀
    NInfan everyone knows that UKIP has a serious issue with fruit loops, homophobes and closet racists and in many cases not even closet ones. It has many examples of these on a weekly basis

Yes other parties occasionally have unsavoury characters [ hell you must vote for one lot 😉 ] but clearly this is one area in which UKIP massively and regularly punch above its electoral weight
    Its has more than its fair share of them.

to do your usual scribble to deny this is weak as usual though that wont stop you 😉

No one is saying other parties dont have arsholes – we have seen the front benches 😛

mudshark
    Free Member

Hmm well my bro is voting UKIP and he ain’t racist, actually he’s a really nice bloke. Seems to be that he works with a lot of poorer people and thinks restricting the supply of cheap (foreign) labour would help them.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I live in a Labour stronghold and guess what the amount of views towards other skin colours are not that different from UKIP. They just do not express them explicitly and as often that’s all but deep down they just don’t like them because they look different.

.. that would be more believable if you hadn’t already proclaimed support for UKIP. To me it just looks like you’re trying to defend your choice to support a racist homophobic bunch of loons into power.

EDIT – on reflection, UKIP are great
    “Give me one good reason to vote for Scottish independence”
    “UKIP”
    Keep up the good work Nige.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Not relevant but it made me smile

kimbers

20 minutes of farige floundering- hopelessly out of his depth? earlier today

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pyYoL9ngtE#t=1138[/video]

enfht
    Free Member

I thought STW blocked any links to “the guardian” ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

20 minutes of farige floundering- hopelessly out of his depth?

I think it was more a testament James O’Brien’s skill rather than Farage being out of his depth.

I was seriously impressed with James O’Brien. Farage is always at a disadvantage as he has to constantly attempt to defend the indefensible, but he is wily character, although on this occasion James O’Brien truly tied him up in knots.

And I could see that for James O’Brien this wasn’t just another interview his personal dislike for Farage was obvious imo.

I was particularly amused by O’Brien’s constant references to Farage’s German speaking daughters 🙂

wwaswas

I was seriously impressed with James O’Brien.

+1

the research was flawless.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the research was flawless.

Yup that’s what I thought. It was clear that he had decided to wipe the floor with Farage. And he fully succeeded in doing so imo 🙂

wwaswas

You do wonder how Farage feels as he walks out the studio.

“well that went well, usual bashing but I got my point across”

or

“FFS that was a fiasco”

MrWoppit
    Free Member

How anyone can watch that and not draw the conclusion that Niggle Farridge is a total slimeball and friend of walking rectums in the quasi-Nazi Hitler Appreciation Clubs of Europe, is frankly staggering.

chewkw
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member
    .. that would be more believable if you hadn’t already proclaimed support for UKIP. To me it just looks like you’re trying to defend your choice to support a racist homophobic bunch of loons into power.

If supporting a political party requires length justification then perhaps Green party should be the govt but then why do we still get Labour or Tories in power all the time? Surely Green are not a bunch of loons or are they?

ernie_lynch – Member
    I think it was more a testament James O’Brien’s skill rather than Farage being out of his depth.

I think James O’Brien will find that if he interviews other politicians in this way he will find the same sort of responses. i.e. interviewee trying to justify their viewpoints. Nothing new there and not really a skill different from other interviewers. A requisite as an interviewer.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He got a proper mauling there and the use of his kids was brilliant

Londoners is he always that good?

The line about expenses was just brilliant and it was amusing to see farage drop the guy in the pub persona and give politicians answers – we all know he wont but he just could not bring himself to admit it

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Londoners is he always that good?

I don’t often listen to LBC/his shows and TBH I’ve always found him to be quite boring, unlike his ranting right-wing colleague Nick Ferrari who always entertains me with the bollox that he spouts, so IME no. But he was definitely on form there which makes me think that it might be personal.

grum
    Free Member

On my phone and CBA looking up the link but apparently in a survey of UKIP supporters most agree with 5 fairly lefty statements – second only to Labour supporters. Voting for UKIP if you have left wing principles is idiocy of the highest order IMO.

daveky
    Free Member

I am a regular member of society higher rate tax payer etc. but find it odd that on all non political forums there seems to be a prevalence of liberal pacifists posting when nearly everybody, and a cross section of British society from Company Directors to the unemployed, I speak to all use derogatory terms and talk of their frustration with immigration.

I will be voting UKIP because it is the least extreme option to object to the immigration policies of the mainstream political parties. I would urge anybody who’s children are unable to buy their own properties due to over population (including where you’ve had to /going to have to stump up a big deposit) or are sick of seeing an unlimited number of immigrant benefit claimants or have been a victim of immigrant crime or are in a low skilled/low wage career where untold amounts of cheap labour have decimated wages to do the same. The only ones to benefit are the immigrants , those are the top farming the cheap labour and the tax credits claimants who are being subsidised to work part time.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Good for you. Will you be buying the shotgun cartridges for poofter shooting before or after you vote?

PrinceJohn

I would urge anybody who’s children are unable to buy their own properties due to over population

So do you propose a cull?

I rent because I cannot afford to buy, the reason? Property prices driven up by people buying second homes to holiday in a few weeks of the year.

footflaps

would urge anybody who’s children are unable to buy their own properties due to over population a complete lack of understanding of recent demographic changes

FIFY…

If you took your racist blinkers off for a couple of minutes you might notice we have a worldwide trend of urbanisation, and a significant UK trend of decreasing household size. These two alone mean you have a massive shortfall in housing (where people want it), without any increase in population size…..

chewkw
    Free Member

daveky – Member

I will be voting UKIP …

I have already postal voted for UKIP for entertainment value or perhaps the chance to get out of EU but apart from that I am not really bothered about overpopulation, immigration etc, sort that we are already doomed.

The total count considering voting for UKIP so far on this forum is 3.5 including me (voted). Hardly an impact at all.

I am a superstate-cist.

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘UKIP update’ is closed to new replies.