Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • UKIP can't stop employing foreigners
  • wwaswas

First it was Nigel’s German wife taking a secretarial job that a British person could do now this bloke;

who does extreme tiddlywinks.

turns out to be an Irish actor.

camo16
    Free Member

If he’s highly skilled he’s allowed in, no? And an extreme tiddlywinks playing actor sounds pretty skilled…

scaredypants

he doesn’t seem to have got any in the cup, though 🙁

wwaswas

I’m not sure he’s really that multi-talented, it could all be part of his act.

wwaswas

although the first bloke they tried out for the part didn’t get it;

too left wing or something.

camo16
    Free Member

I wonder if he’s really a UK resident just playing up some vague Irish heritage to make him more colourful and therefore more employable. Yup, that must be it.

Damn, his hat’s not even straight. Mind addled by over-tiddlywinking natch

wwaswas

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/face-of-ukip-poster-is-irish-migrant-actor-9287616.html

A “British builder” portrayed in a Ukip poster accusing EU workers of taking UK jobs is actually an Irish actor who migrated to this country, it emerged on Friday.

In the latest embarrassment to Nigel Farage’s chaotic European and local election campaign the man – pictured begging on the street – was named as Dave O’Rourke from Dublin.

camo16
    Free Member

I’m more bothered about UKIP’s presumption that ex builders would beg in hard hats. Even if they did, surely the presence of hard hat makes the plastic cup defunct?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Like the “builder” on their party political broadcast, he looks far too clean to be any kind of hard grafting honest type, perhaps they laid him off as he wasn’t getting as dusty as his polish colleagues. Still they also said we need one house built every seven seconds to house all these foreigners. I am sure construction business will pick up in that case.

scotroutes

Depends how accurate folk are at hitting the cup?

wwaswas

the bloke in the ppb is a real builder.

but a racist too. So they’ve had to suspend him;

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-eu-elections-poster-boy-andre-lampitt-suspended-after-racist-tweets-come-to-light-9284136.html

In a series of Tweets going back over more than a year he reveals his thoughts on everything from Muslims, to AIDS, Syria and forced sterilisation.

They do not make pretty reading.

“Get over it, slavery was an act of war,” he wrote on 19 March. “You lost stop being so damn jealous and move forward.”

Then in response to two other Twitter users he wrote: “Muslims are animals their faith is disgusting their prophet is (a) pedophile”. (sic)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Like the “builder” on their party political broadcast

You mean the Zimbabwean ?

Pieface

Rhodesian actually

kimbers

despite everything thats wrong with UKIP (and that is pretty much everything about them)

still people vote for them !

sigh

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Rhodesian actually

You refuse to abandon the old colonial name ? Good for you. Do you still refer to Iran as Persia ? Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be these days.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Kimbers +1

Ditto the SNP and yS

Does it say something about UK politics, the electorate, both or neither?

The ability to get away with speaking BS loudly seems to be a trump card at the moment. They even get away with these constant own goals.

(Ernie, that’s what he called himself (Rhodesian) on twitter or the like. It was in the news.)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie, that’s what he called himself (Rhodesian) on twitter or the like. It was in the news

Well he likes to call himself a British born Rhodesian. I like to call him Zimbabwean.

wwaswas

I like to call him Zimbabwean

The swear filter won’t allow what I like to call him 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

still people vote for them !

I know what opinion polls are saying but let’s keep this in perspective. UKIP have been around for over 20 years and they still haven’t managed to get an MP elected, despite all the free publicity they receive.

Personally I’m intrigued how up to 10% of the electorate are still prepared to say that they will vote Liberal Democrat next general election………what’s that about ffs ?

ninfan
    Free Member

To be fair, an Irish worker wouldn’t be here under EU rules, but the longstanding Common Travel Area agreement – which goes all the way back to us allowing them autonomy (or ‘independence’ as they like to think of it, well, at least until their banks ran out of money that was :wink:)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

which goes all the way back to us allowing them autonomy

What do you mean “us” and “them” Z-11 …….I thought you were Irish ?

Your real name is certainly Irish…….as Irish as Paddy McGinty’s goat.

😉

camo16
    Free Member

Does it say something about UK politics, the electorate, both or neither?

That Labour, Conservative and the Lib Dems are crap… obviously.

ninfan
    Free Member

Irish name, Scouse catholic father and a Wirral mother – Born into a childhood of cockles, S4C, and mosquito’s 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Irish name, Scouse catholic father and a Wirral mother

Ah immigrants no doubt !

derekfish
    Free Member

I’m taking names for when Nigel gets in, I’m thinking it’s the de lousing chamber for some on here.. 😉

CountZero

You refuse to abandon the old colonial name ? Good for you. Do you still refer to Iran as Persia ? Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be these days.

Colonial name? Seriously? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_people

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Colonial name? Seriously?

Yes, seriously……..Rhodesia was the colonial name for Zimbabwe. Actually that’s not strictly true – Southern Rhodesia was the old colonial name for Zimbabwe, Rhodesia was the post-UDI name.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

or ‘independence’ as they like to think of it

Think of it? No, it’s definitely independence and has been ever since it was granted or won (dependent on which outlook you have)…unless you’re re-defining it for the purposes of saying something stupid?

kimbers

funny thing is most ukipers probably call it bongo bongo land anyway

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

unless you’re re-defining it for the purposes of saying something stupid?

I think the point he was making was that Ireland is dependent on the UK because the UK helped to bale out Irish banks. It’s a silly comment to make but then Z-11 clearly enjoys making silly comments.

And it’s particularly silly because the UK didn’t help Irish banks as some sort of benevolent act, but because the UK is dependent on a stable Irish economy and stable Irish banks.

kimbers

brokenbanjo

I am buying 1000 envelopes and send sending them, at UKIPs expense to UKIP, with the word racist written in them. They waste my brain with their shite, time to waste their money.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘UKIP can't stop employing foreigners’ is closed to new replies.