Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • UKGE Technicality / Ability Requirements
  • Stevie-P
    Free Member

I’m doing my first enduro this year (PMBA Enduro at Lee Quarry and probs others) and fancy also entering some UKGE ones (might be too late for entries this year though!).

I’m a total newbie when it comes to enduro so I have no idea of what to expect in terms of technicality. Fitness wise I’m fine (race XC at the moment) and I’ve ridden natural trails all around the UK for years so I’m confident on a bike but what kind of level are we looking at with UKGE events? It looks like a step up from the others so are they more geared towards DH style with bigger jumps and drops or is it all just more well known than the other events? I’ve watched the videos from last year’s races but it’s hard to tell from videos how steep everything is.

Normally I’d just enter and have a go but I don’t want to waste £70 entry fee plus the now-required-insurance and specific helmet just to turn up and find out I can’t ride any of the stage!

superfli
    Free Member

If you can ride trailcentre reds+blacks you’ll be fine. Fitness wise the UKGE tend to be longer transitions with tighter times, but if you’re racing XC, then these wont be an issue.
    Tickets dont go on sale until March BTW

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Oh really? I thought they were open and all sold out already! That’s good then!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘UKGE Technicality / Ability Requirements’ is closed to new replies.