Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • UKGE entries now live! (warning insurance required!!!)
  • kimbers

first 3 rounds anyway

http://www.moredirt.com/event/945

gp
    Free Member

I can’t find any information on exactly what kind of insurance is required, just vague info saying that PI cover is needed?

chakaping
    Free Member

I can’t find any information on exactly what kind of insurance is required, just vague info saying that PI cover is needed?

If only somebody had pointed this problem out to the organisers before.

😀

Simon

Have the first three rounds sold out yet?

orena45

I’m in…can’t wait 😀

kimbers

scott beaumonts put up a slightly passive aggressive?

post on the fb page about insurance

apparently 75% places filled so far, so not the same as last years sold out on the first day

Hi. I have a few insurance questions for UKGE.
    1. As a professional rider, my insurance company have asked for clarification on what event insurance is in place for all 2015 UKGE events. Can you provide this please.
    2. What process is in place to ensure that all riders have adequate insurance?
    For example if an incident occurs between two riders on course (catching another rider, in racing or in practice), if the rider at fault does not have adequate insurance, what happens then.
    3. As a continuation of question 2, we as riders need clarification how the many insurance policies will be adequately checked before we start practice and racing.
    e.g what’s to stop anyone buying insurance, getting the policy documents and then cancelling their insurance.
    With some time to go before round one, I’m sure all riders will appreciate a lot more detail on the insurance arrangements in place at UKGE and the checking procedure for riders personal insurance.
    I look forward to your reply.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fair question from someone who probably knows what he is asking.

Assume his post will be deleted shortly anyway…

njee20
    Free Member

Those are the questions everyone’s been asking, and they seem rather relevant, particularly as large numbers of people were advocating the scenario at his point 3.

kimbers

i thought that ukge still had public liability

so if you crashed into boom boom at a race would his insurance company sue you?

I think the problem is they didnt just say you all have to go with bespoked
    (but then everyone would have complained that they didnt have a choice of insurance provider)

they could then check everyones details easily

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In the end they said you can have your insurance with the value of as cheap as you can get

“The minimum requirement for personal insurance to race the 2015 UK Gravity Enduro series is…. Personal Accident cover that covers you for Competitive Mountain biking in the UK, at a minimum covering Death, disablement and broken bones (The level of these is dependant on the individuals needs but the minimum an insurance company will quote you for is all we require) if you wish to cover yourself for more ie: Personal liability, Income protection or just increase the level of cover, then that is up to you and what you can afford or deem necessary. I cannot advise you where to buy it from

The problem seems to be they have backed themselves into a corner and have no practical method of solving it, you can buy worthless PA insurance that will cover you for £1 of damage and thats fine or you can cover for £1million and cancel but keep the paperwork.

Anyway hope you got your PR discount kimbers 😉

wanmankylung
    Free Member

What is the story here? Why are the event organisers not providing insurance?

Northwind

They’re providing event insurance/liability insurance so don’t worry on that score, apparently the event as a whole is as well insured as all previous years. But also insisting all riders have personal accident insurance. Seems well intentioned tbh, make up your own mind on whether or not it’s a good idea.

Scott Beaumont’s fb post seems like a masterclass in innocent-seeming shit-stirring, he’d be a valued stw contributor 😆

kimbers

i wish I got a PR work discount!

although I think the entire thing illustrates that Parr could do really well getting a PR person to make these announcements and smack down facebook shit-stirrers!

and a question for boom boom would be…….. ‘Do you even Enduro brah? ‘

joefm

Will our new fantastic (read waste of spacE) personal insurers go after UKGE’s public insurance to recompensate themselves?

Have no idea how this is actually going to work when it comes to a claim. Just seems they made a choice that perhaps wasn’t as well thought out as they thought and feel they have no options to go back on it.

kimbers

i dunno joefm,

would boombooms insurance sue a BC sanctioned race if he claimed on that?

nickc

interesting to see what the response is. I got chucked off the FB site for asking more or less the same questions. I doubt they can do the same to a well known racer (who presumably they want at their premier racing series)

unlike the plebs…

kimbers

first 3 rounds now sold out

inspite of extra helmet rules, extra insurance rules, bc doing a runner, some disastrous multimedia communication efforts and PR blunders and those ‘I hope the series fails’ comment from grumpy stwers its gonna be another season of brilliant races!!

kimbers

If ukge had a waiver like this would
    It protect the organiser from being sued?

Waiver of liability
    Every rider understands and admits that his participation in the event is voluntary. He/she assumes full responsibility for any injuries or damages from his/her participation in, or practice for, the event. He/she recognises and understands that mountain biking and the activities associated with this event may be hazardous, that his/her participation is solely at his/her own risk and that he/she assumes full responsibility for any resulting injuries and damages that may occur.
    Every rider affirms that he/she is in good health. He/she declares that he/she is physically fit and capable to participate in the event. Every rider understands it can be a strenuous day out with significant amounts of climbing and distance to be cycled in order to complete the course.
    Every rider has to acknowledge that he/she has read and understand this entire waiver of liability and agrees to be legally bound by it.

^^^ that’s the waiver from Tweedlove

project
    Free Member

A lady got seriously hurt in a north wales race last yeear, by an out of control bike on the downhill course, so thyre probably covering themselves from liability

scotroutes

^^^ that’s the waiver from Tweedlove
    [/quote]
    AIUI, you cannot sign away your rights like that so the organiser retains liability.

legend
    Free Member

project – Member
    A lady got seriously hurt in a north wales race last yeear, by an out of control bike on the downhill course, so thyre probably covering themselves from liability

Are you talking about the woman that was killed at Llangollen (sp?)? The insurance you need to race UKGE has got nothing to do with that at all, it’s person cover rather than liability

legend
    Free Member

facebook shit-stirrers!

you mean people that dare to ask questions? Too many enduro-ists are clearly sheeple* 😉

***** I hate that word even in jest

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Like a lot of others, I went for the £17.60 cycleplan policy, which was the cheapest I could find that ‘covered’ me for the specifics they wanted.

Essentially I’ve paid for a piece of paper that allows me to race. As I’m only doing a few, after the last race, I’ll cancel the policy & receive a partial refund.

A largely pointless exercise.

you mean people that dare to ask questions? Too many enduro-ists are clearly sheeple*

I think, as per the Facebook group the phrase Steve Parr has claimed is “forum wanchors”.

Quite a few of whom, have, and do race.

project
    Free Member

http://www.ukgravityenduro.com/love-sport-protect-ukge-bespoke-financial/

they seem to be promoting this company on the website.

steveh

Kimbers – As above, no disclaimers are pretty much not worth the paper they are written on.

philfive
    Free Member

If you have insurance and you have an accident you are more likely to claim from your own insurance and not the organisers, this makes Steve Parrs insurance cheaper.

scotroutes

And your insurers will just claim from his, making it no cheaper.

poah
    Free Member

if you have your own insurance you are more likely to get more money as you will be getting someone else to do the work for you when you claim the UKGE insurance for cash if there was an issue with the course.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the in’s and out were all done on the last thread.

the bespoke covers very little for the basic and only 1 claim for limited injuries, the PA does not remove any liability from the organiser. Unless you pay a lot more than the minimum you won’t get things like loss of earnings etc.
    For anyone with decent sick pay it probably gives you nothing but a bit of paper to wave at the start of the race. Unless they are going to call every company to confirm the policy is still in place there is no real way of knowing if you have the policy or not.

All it really means is some insurance companies got some more money.

kimbers

I think a few entries have been released for round one

http://www.moredirt.com/event/945

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘UKGE entries now live! (warning insurance required!!!)’ is closed to new replies.