Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • uk to pryenees
  • germolene
    Free Member

has anyone any info on geting me and my chums plus bikes to the peryeenes on train?
    Anytime of day or night just get us there. Whata about driving to France then jumping on the train?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.raileurope.co.uk/

It’s the english speaking way into the SCNF.

You may have to put in Paris as the origin and be aware that there is some issue around bikes on the Eurostar (ie space and may have to go on a following train that is best checked out) Also you may have to go across Paris to get the connecting train (some friends did this 1 way on the underground way home TAXI!)

vondally
    Free Member

fly!

or train

London to perignan

london to biaritz
    via paris

little hassle transferring in our experience

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Fly to Carcassonne. You can see the Pyrenees from the airport.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

How many of you for how long? Where to?

It’s not a bad drive all the way and probably cheaper. We break the journey when we go leaving London late afternoon and sleeping just south of paris. Next day drive all day with a long stop for lunch. Similar on the way back but we go for a fortnight ( relatives in southern France for a week as part of it)

You can drive it in one go.

richpips
    Free Member

We’ve done it before, and are going again this summer with the kids and bikes.

A long days drive.

doug_basqueMTB.com

It depends where in the Pyrenees. I did scotland to Irun on the train via Paris. Really easy and pleasant. I’m on my phone and not sure how to do a link but its on my site with all the info for booking and transfers and bikes. From Irun you are at a major train station with lots of options. Biarritz as well. There is a flight from london to pau or Biarritz or Bilbao. As well vueling have just put on a scotland to Bilbao flight someone told me today.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Sorry, forgot! If there is a few of you and you need a car then you can take the ferry to Bilbao or Santander.

Mackem

If you drive, Tunnel to Calais. Drive From Calais to France/Spain border is a pretty straightforward 10 hour drive. (that’s with breaks and not caning it).

FOG

Beware of crossing Paris by Metro. Four mates with a bike bag each tried this at rush hour and were nearly guillotined by pissed off commuters!

doug_basqueMTB.com

I crossed twice and once was in rush hour. Super easy. I was stunned at how polite the Parisians were and people helped me fit my bike into the packed train. A couple of people even helped me up a flight of steps! London was a different matter, one woman shouted at me and kicked my bike bag as I tried to walk past her! You can also get a taxi easily in Paris to avoid the metro but its really ok.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Edit. Double post

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘uk to pryenees’ is closed to new replies.