Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • UK Riding Video
  • Lemurian
    Free Member

Just thought I'd post this up for a bit of mild entertainment for everyone working hard 😉 on a miserable monday. Little film I put together last year featuring various UK riding spots and a few members of the STW forum. Quality doesn't seem to be great on vimeo but you can download it.

Nothing Special

eistrar
    Free Member

Very very nice editing, particularly the opening sequence…

Pook

yeah i like that – some lovely shots in there and tidy editing. Good work old chap!

Lummox

really like that, nice chilled out vid. Very cool

alpin
    Free Member

tick!

very good. not rarrr rarr dumbp dumbp… very easy to watch.

MrAgreeable

Nice work by the button-pressing guy and the pedal-pushing guys! I think that's the first time I've seen night riding in a video too.

lovewookie

that's great. Riding bikes without the pretence.

Tidy riders too.

Slacks
    Free Member

Great video. Makes me want to go for a ride.

MrNutt
    Free Member

good work, not too keen on the tune but the rest was very well done!

plumber
    Free Member

|Very nice

grumm
    Free Member

Very nice. Not too sure about the chipmunk vocals on the tune but v good anyway 🙂

CheesybeanZ

Tip Top , nice trails 8)

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Agreed, nice video. and on some trails that i recognise, even if i only rode them once. do they still have that stump on the corner the guy is going round at the very end? my friends over there used to call it death corner for the fact you came up to it with a lot of speed and then had to scrub a lot to get round the stump.

although it must have taken you all year to get a dry day of filming in south wales!

Pete
    Free Member

Some very nice camera angles and excellent editing.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Really impressive. Good riding and the editing is cool. I'm going to watch it again!

brakeswithface

Any chance of a list of locations? The last place isn't Kilvey Hill is it?

Pook

can i chip one of my chilled out ones in? No viewfinder on the camera….

I'm loving your video though – except the music. Is there a win hill descent in there? Above Castleton?

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Wow, that's really great!

By the way, who is the dashingly handsome rider in the night riding segment, he really looks the business!

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Liked it, nice and relaxed.

coastkid
    Free Member

nice film-except for the pop music,what camera did you use?,

will
    Free Member

Really liked this 🙂 Great work

Lemurian
    Free Member

Cheers for the comments guys, glad you enjoyed it. I appreciate the song/helium vocals aren't to everyone's taste though. Have done a few other segments and like to try and vary the music, electronic/hip-hop/rock,etc…

Top marks for observation brakeswithface, that is indeed Kilvey in sunny swansea. Other locations include glentress, chicksands, peak district and our local woods (ashridge).

Coastkid, I used a Sony 404e, few years old now.

Jez – all I can say is good job it was dark….

wonnyj
    Free Member

I got glentress and kilvey. That last shot is probably one of my favourite descents – but then i can see it out of my living room window.
    Jonny

Lemurian
    Free Member

Yeah the singletrack on Kilvey is mint, easily one of the best tracks I've ever ridden. Wish I could see it out of my living room window 🙁

jedi

loved it!
    makes me want to ride 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

Thats cheered me up and now Im looking forward to tonights night ride 🙂

brakeswithface

I only asked about Kilvey as I've never been up there but can see it from my office! A trip might be in the offing – I always thought it might be a bit scally-tastic?

Lemurian
    Free Member

You seriously need to get up there, I would trade my mum to have that singletrack near me. Always been fairly quiet when I've been there, think people tend to stick to the dh track.

runswithscissors

how do you download it from vimeo please?

Lemurian
    Free Member

There's a link in the bottom right corner 🙂

runswithscissors

Ta!

brakeswithface

Ride being planned :o) How do you get to the start of the singletrack? I've never been up there at all!

bangaio
    Free Member

Hey, what sections of the video are at ashridge? I've recently moved to ivinghoe so need to get exploring up around there. What's the riding like?

Lemurian
    Free Member

Brakeswithface, you basically need to get to the very top of the hill by the radio mast thingy. From there if you are looking towards the bristol channel the path is on your right. If you follow the main path it should take you in the right direction (haven't been there in over a year so sorry if this is a bit vague).

Bangaio, just the first bit is in ashridge. There is a fair bit of nice singletrack around, unfortunately it turns to a bog in the winter though 🙁 You should also check out wendover woods for xc and aston hill for dh. If you fancy joining us for a ride let me know, scottmtb@hotmail.com

wonnyj
    Free Member

Brakeswithface,
    Good directions from lemurian there. Lots other good stuff up there. Nice tracks above port tennant on that side as well. Plus three short but fun versions of the DH track.
    You can start at any side of kilvey as well. I tend to go up from the morfa side, by the turning for pentrewych(wrong sp).
    Happy to show you around the trails as some point as well, I go up with mates on the weekend occasionally jjw1001 at g mail

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘UK Riding Video’ is closed to new replies.