Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • UK moves up to ninth on Global Competitiveness Report
  • mudshark
    Free Member

Hoorah…I think.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29028714

In other business news I see that prostitution and drugs will now be included in our GDP calculation.

binners

Pass the coke and hookers. I need to contribute to the economic recovery 😀

footflaps

binners, I’ll be sending our sales rep round in his Ferrari with your latest shipment of finest Columbian Telecoms equipment….

lemonysam
    Free Member

binners, I’ll be sending our sales rep round in his Ferrari with your latest shipment of finest Columbian Telecoms equipment….

Ours just bring biscuits. 🙁

edit: though the one who brings the M&S Chocolate All Butters is alright

brooess
    Free Member

Is it turning into jobs and wages though? Cos if not positive factors like this will feel irrelevant to the electorate…

Positive economic performance is not really meaningful for the man on the street if it doesn’t provide him with a job and an income.

stumpy01

brooess – Member
    Is it turning into jobs and wages though? Cos if not positive factors like this will feel irrelevant to the electorate…

Positive economic performance is not really meaningful for the man on the street if it doesn’t provide him with a job and an income.

Yep. Not much good to average joe on the street if he’s not seeing a pay rise any time soon.

digga
    Free Member

Klaus Schwab is an academic and economist (despite saying he’s an egnineer) and one with links to Harvard (Keynsians) at that, so we should take his opinions with a pinch of salt. Nothing more, nothing less.

LHS
    Free Member

And the US is third, I see, despite 50 million people on food stamps.
    Bloody muppets. They’ll still be praising “labour market flexibility” when we are all hacking each other to bits in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

20% of the population on food stamps – USA
    20% of the population where 50% of their income is from benefits – UK

Potato, potAto

hatter

Singapore consistently tops these rankings but its’ people consistently rank as some of the unhappiest and least positive of any developed nation.

Bare that in mind whenever a government minister talks about how important it is for us to be ‘competitive.’

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘UK moves up to ninth on Global Competitiveness Report’ is closed to new replies.