Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • UK Gravity Enduro Rd 4 Dyfi
  • kimbers

Whos getting excited, I did it last year and found it very tough

bring it on!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep, looking forward to it.

Barely ridden since the EWS & Mega due to injury, so I’m going to suffer like a dog.

I enjoyed it last year, even though I broke my bike.

sia20
    Free Member

Yep 1st ever gravity enduro for me , no idea what to expect

dan45a
    Free Member

If like last year a lot of pedalling uphill. Was good fun though!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It wasn’t a very technical race, but it was absolutely flat out everywhere.

kimbers

didnt practice last year but everyone told me it was very gnarly, so lugged the full face round with me- which was a mistake as while it had some fast rocky sections there wasnt anything very tricky

stock up on the energy drink, bananas etc
    I bonked on the last loooong firedroad climb last year

patriotpro
    Free Member

I bonked on the last loooong firedroad climb last year

It’s supposed to be a family event FGS 😯

scottfitz
    Free Member

Good luck everyone, see you all at Rd 5

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’m really looking forward to this one and Eastridge. Should be good, really good.

scottfitz
    Free Member

getonyourbike – Member
    I’m really looking forward to this one and Eastridge. Should be good, really good.

Me too, then enduro1 week after at Aston Hill.
    Going to be a top 2 weeks of Gravity Enduro 😀

kimbers

see you at both of em scott!

im interested to see what trails at aston they use!

scottfitz
    Free Member

im interested to see what trails at aston they use!

My guess is some new cut stuff, some DH stuff and lots of roots and chalk 😀 I should fell right at home.

injuredflanker
    Free Member

Anyone know of a spare place going?
    Cheers,

kimbers

they are very strict on taking other peoples places-as in you cant, i believe there is a waiting list contact the organisers on the website or facebook

100mphplus
    Free Member

No chance of taking someones place, you have to show photo ID at sign on from now on!

lbjones
    Free Member

Ok, so how did we all get on?

Me – 3 crashes in seeding (D’oh). 1 quite big crash on stage 4 on race day.

Hope the guy with the dislocated hip from stage 1 is okay, sounds v painfull! Definately a tricky start to the race, start of stage 1 prob the most difficult bit of the course IMO, quite a few (including me) werent 100% annoyed by having to miss it out!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Short answer, annoyed.

I qualified well, 13th in Masters with a crash. after the change on stage 1, Stage 2 & 3 went well. Stage 4 started amazingly, I was flat out down the gully, right up until the massive bang, as my rear tyre literally exploded near the bottom. It went very wrong, very quickly, the tyre rolled off the rim & I nearly killed the marshal as I lost control & went down hard (so hard, in fact I ripped the saddle clean off the seatpost!)

Race over, I fixed the flat, finished the stage probably 10 minutes down & killed myself trying to ride the transition stood up. Made it to the start with a couple of minutes to spare & headed down. Ended up just cruising, as I didn’t want to damage myself.

I’m p*ssed off as after quali, I wanted a top 10. I’ll be lucky if i’m top 100 🙁

kimbers

I made a series of errors, wearing goggles on stage 1 was unable to see and wiped out on the 1st corner and proceeded to wipe out on every of the bottom turns, was going reasonably well until stage 4 where my 2.4 tyre + fender on marzocchi 44s seized up with mud, sent me otb and broke my brake lever couldn’t inclog the mud and had to run most of it- took me 10 mins to complete the stage . and by the time id zip tied my brake back together I had to do the final transition in 25 mins, which was painful , still was nice to get a big cheer crashing into the arena over that slimy drop in

lbjones
    Free Member

Thanks guys, your making me feel much better about my offs!

Anyway, results are in, solid mid table for me 😀

DandyMole
    Free Member

In haste to depart on Friday afternoon, I left my Garmin behind. Anyone have total distance and height ascended for the event (including Stage 1 as I’m an old git and it wasn’t cancelled for women, children and old men !)

kimbers

dandymole I think was 33k and 1200m but I’ll have to check

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

On Saturday I did 41km & 1687m of climbing & Sunday worked out to be 33km & 1343m of climbing 🙂

That was full loop & quali on Saturday & full loop on Sunday.

DandyMole
    Free Member

Cheers, all agreeing on 33km then. Think I will settle for the spurious accuracy of the 1343m height ascended (especially as it’s greater than 1200m 😉 )

kimbers

anyone know where neil donohughe was?

lbjones
    Free Member

“anyone know where neil donohughe was?”

Obviously saw you on the entry list and bottled it Kimbers!

andeh

How did it compare to last year? Any of the same tails?

All I recall is lots and lots of climbing and 35mph mtx whoops. I resorted to harvesting blackberries on the final climb last year in a vain attempt to add a few drops to my empty tank. I’ll be doing Eastridge, catch you lot there.

kimbers

apparently the Don was racing Trans Savoie, he was safe though I was having an off day, literally, I think I was off my bike more than on

andeh, still lots of climbing!, the stages were more varied, including the final climax descent and the drop in at stage 4? from the fire road had been moved further along to steeper new cut bit that ultimately had to be cut on race day as some poor guy broke/dislocated his hip
    but still some long fast straights

kimbers

oh yeah and the last drop into the arena on race day was a crashfest

was nice to get such a big cheer from the crowd for being crap at riding my bike in the slop!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Just watched the video in the midweek movies. Looks ace!
    How much was shared with the classic Dyfi Enduro trails?

chvck
    Free Member

The descent part of goshawk (the trail that briefly goes down and then a horrible singletrack climb before a good descent after the feed station) and 3 in 1, the long muddy one that ends into the disco with free beer. They also did Elephant (first descent) as part of a stage, although it now has a climb in it at the bottom.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘UK Gravity Enduro Rd 4 Dyfi’ is closed to new replies.