Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • UK Driving license query???????
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Wife and i have had a license long before photo licenses, but on changing the address they required we be issued a photo license.

Wifes pic has run out on the photo license , she is asking me is she driving illegally?. Does it mean she has no license to drive?

I have no idea as i don't understand the whole photo license thing?

Any advice. The Website is no help with this issue.

hockropper

Yes believe has to be renewed after 10 years number 4a tells you the expiry date

grahamh
    Free Member

Yes, your wife is leagal to drive, just sent mine off for
    renewal so I'm in the same boat.

Mikkel
    Free Member

What sort of license is requires to drive his wife?

dmiller
    Free Member

I dunno Mikkel, looks like is fussy and wants a picture first…

t-p26
    Free Member

There is no such thing as a uk driving license.
    Licences are issued here. 😉

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Your wife is not physically driving the car illegally, however she could well be fined. They will not know unless they stop her, ask to see her licence and be bothered looking at the date.

But nope she isn't driving illegally! Oh and I bet they charge you to re-new your licence with a new pic!!!!!! con masters.

iain1775
    Free Member

I bet they charge you to re-new your licence with a new pic!!!!!! con masters.

Yup its £20 just sent mine off to have all points removed and figured I may as well just pay once so sent off a new photo too – current one expires in 2011

wrightyson
    Free Member

It is not illegal surely as the paper part of the licence will have your true expiry date on it! Oh and they didn't charge me for change of address about 18 months ago!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yup they won't charge you for change of address but thinks like pictures etc they do! Told you they were con masters.

br
    Free Member

If you have additional licences, e.g. m/c, beware when sending off as a number have come back without the requisite endorsements – including the copper I met who was retaking his bike test – on his Police Bike…

vinnyeh

Yes believe has to be renewed after 10 years number 4a tells you the expiry date

It's 4b with the expiry date. 4a is the issue date for the photocard.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Oh yes and they have been taking D1 (mini buses) off people's licences! It's weird… and a con!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘UK Driving license query???????’ is closed to new replies.