Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • UK Bucket List rides
  • vondally
    Free Member

so have you got any ‘bucket list rides’ you want to have a go at or redo?

Mine was Walna Scar Road, as it was one of my first mtb routes…..looking at the write up below may not bother.

Conan257
    Free Member

Looks like i’m moving to Canada in August… My pre-move bucket list consists of Snowdon…

Painey
    Free Member

I’m doing the SDW this summer in a day. Or rather I’ll be attempting it in a day. Snowdon I’d like to try as well as Cadair Idris too. I was at the bottom of that last weekend but was snowing up top and blowing a gale so maybe one for the summer.

ads678

I want to do snowdon ranger path, as last time I went to do it there was a blizzard on the top 3rd of the mountain so we just came back down the Llanberis path. Which was an excellent fast descent but I still want to do the rangers.

whitestone
    Free Member

Bowderdale (Howgills): Done it but wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.
    Doethi Valley (Mid Wales): again done it but would like to do it when the bracken isn’t chest high – though the sensation of simply stopping and leaning on to the bracken without falling over was weird!
    Snowdon: not done it.
    Nan Bield: not done it.

Lots in Scotland I want to do but haven’t got round to yet: Torridon and the like.

jekkyl

lejog at some point in my life, would also love to attempt C2C Italy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Woods Behind Nationwide, in Swindon.

chvck
    Free Member

Transcambrian
    Wales C2C offroad
    Cadr Idris
    Snowdon

Mostly, bits of Wales!

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Trans Cambrian for me too. Hopefully get it done over 2 days this summer.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Box Hill…

porlus
    Free Member

Rosedale Chimney. Dont live a million miles away so can easily do it on a day ride. Never got round to it yet.

ahsat

We write a list at New Year. Last couple of years havent gone very well due to my various injuries, but a bit more hopeful this year! They vary in thier challenge!

The Sandstone Way
    Quantocks [Going in April]
    The Alps [Going in August]
    Crossfell (the long version over the top)
    The New Hamsterley Black [DONE]
    Day with Great Rock [booked]
    Reeth (so close and needs more exploring – we have ridden there once)
    Glentress (red and blue on the same day)
    Rothbury (some random route p20 came up with!)
    Mini Adventure (weekend – possibly the Sandstone way)
    ?#?microadventure? (1700-0900)
    100 mile road/cross ride
    Scotland NW (Torridonish….)
    Ride to the coast from home
    Edmunbyers, Bolts Law & Blanchland (20 mile localish loop)
    Sticks Pass and Ulswater Singletrack (via the ferry)

At the moment we still have quite a few left to do/plan and I can see Torridon probably not happening this year (not enough holiday left), but we’ll see how we go!

Have other rides I want to do…Nan Bield (without hurting myself), BPW, Cader Idris etc but that list will do for this year!

eddie11
    Free Member

if you want to do nan bield add mardale ill bell to it. amazing exposed single track at the top and mahoosive steps down to nan bield pass proper.

Torridon: done it but need to go again
    more european road riding: flanders, paris roubaix, alps…
    some longer barebones type stuff.

saxabar
    Free Member

Live in N.Wales and never ridden in northern England, beyond a quick run round Ladybower. Lakes definitely on list. Dunno where to start though!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

anywhere that is not a trail centre, hate it with passion 😡 fed up with it

andytherocketeer

To Do:
    SDW, C2C, Quiraing, Torridon, and some others

To Redo:
    Helvellyn (twas blowing a hooley and we had to bail, and thought the chopper was going to crash when rescuing a walker that fell off Striding Edge).

andyman
    Free Member

Not tried myself but believe the Isle of Skye is quite straightforward.

Davesport

Glenkinchie woods black in reverse, then a visit to the distillery 8)

ahsat

saxabar – Member

Live in N.Wales and never ridden in northern England, beyond a quick run round Ladybower. Lakes definitely on list. Dunno where to start though! Standard response here – buy the VG guide and see what takes your fancy. You cant go wrong!

smatkins1
    Free Member

The SDW in a day and London to Brighton off-road were two on my list I ticked off last year.

If you live in the South the SDW should be on your list!
    (I would only bother with something like the London to Brighton for money raising purposes. It was a dull ride)

Snowdon has recently entered onto my list.

I think riding in Wales, Scotland and the Alps should be on every UK rider’s list.

I want to tick off all the Welsh trail centres.

A Whistler trip

Riding a tandem. Ticked that one off last year. Borrowed one of a friends parents in Berlin. Great fun!

The Woods Behind Nationwide, in Swindon. This was on my list and I planned a weekend to go when I was nearby but someone local told me not to bother as there wasn’t much there.

Painey
    Free Member

I would only bother with something like the London to Brighton off road for money raising purposes. It was a dull ride

Done it. Agree.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Standard response here – buy the VG guide and see what takes your fancy. You cant go wrong!
    Whats the VG guide?

ahsat

Standard response here – buy the VG guide and see what takes your fancy. You cant go wrong!
    Whats the VG guide?

D’oh! Its the VP guide. Dyslexic allowance.

Very good – More info here. We have pretty much them all, if you are interested in something beyond the trail centre!

Stevet1
    Free Member

Thanks for that – looks good.

molgrips
    Free Member

Tour divide.

whitestone
    Free Member

Tour divide.

in the UK 😕

hora
    Free Member

Lots- promised myself I was going to do almost ALL the Lakes rides this Summer after only doing one solo (Nan Bield) last Summer then a week later riding with a group on it.

I also want to do bikeparkwales. Again after all the faffing I’m just going to go/ride it solo otherwise it’ll never happen.

trevron73
    Free Member

Coast to coast for me as i am from the North and have done lots of parts but all on day rides then i left and spent 20 years away , i have returned to North now and when i get my legs and balls i want to Bivvy it and i wish to go East to West

colournoise

Not that ambitious, but the current list is…

Snowdon via Rangers Path
    Skiddaw via Ullock Pike
    Helvellyn
    BPW

trevron73
    Free Member

Plus 1 for snowden although i am slow – when i got a few weeks free?

eskay

Cheddar Gorge

stanfree
    Free Member

Glenkinchie woods black in reverse, then a visit to the distillery

Steady there old timer , dont bite off more than you can chew . You should have been attempting that sort of Gnar 20 years ago and not in your twilight years….

Candodavid
    Free Member

Cheddar Gorge? Both sides, up the northern cliff and back down towards Jacobs Tower, nice evening ride in the summer.

Not all UK, but worth it

Four passes in a day in the Lakes I’m doing this year.
    Snowdon Rangers is in April, did it a few years ago, but taking some other this time and have a greater perception of what’s involved.
    Descending from Veleta in Sierra Nevada in May.
    Whistler next year.
    Torridon at some point in my life
    Would love an attempt at the tour divide

mlke
    Free Member

English offroad coast to coast is one (2016?).
    Sandstone way for this year.
    200k Audax this year.
    More Highland rides
    Tourdivide would be great but that’s on my I’ll never have the time or money or knees to tackle that

qwerty
    Free Member

The Woods Behind Nationwide, in Swindon.
    Cheddar gorge.
    The Gap, Breacon.
    Malverns.
    Ashton Ct /Leigh woods.
    Breacons.
    Wye Valley.

All close ish to home and never ridden by me.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lakeland 200, with a wee bit of forward planning, over 3 or 4 days, leaving supplies at overnight stops. I don’t want to be weighed down with gear on all of those amazing trails.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘UK Bucket List rides’ is closed to new replies.