• This topic has 45 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by dbUK.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • UK BikeStore – Crap service.
  • jimjam
    Free Member

On the 23rd of May I placed an order for some knee pads via ukbikestore.co.uk. The pads were showing in stock at the time with a dispatch date of May 25th.

On the 25th I checked my order to see if the pads had been dispatched and to my mild annoyance it said awaiting stock. I checked back to the item screen, and it was still showing as in stock with a same day dispatch date so I emailed ukbikestore as to the status of my order. A day later and no reply. Perhaps they didn’t receive it I thought, so I sent another. Again, no reply. Finally today I receive a message in my account section of ukbikestore.co.uk (not to my email) that the item is not in stock, but if I wait another two weeks it’ll arrive with them and then presumably be dispatched a few days after that.

So in summary ukbikestore.co.uk don’t have current or accurate stock on their website and they take a week to reply to an email. This is really pretty poor imo and I thought I’d save others from wasting their time.

uplink
    Free Member

The pads were showing in stock at the time with a dispatch date of May 25th

I didn’t think they showed what their stock levels are just the expected despatch

FWIW – I’ve always had good service from them

derp
    Free Member

To add balance, I have never had any problems with them and found their delivery estimates accurate.

Their returns system, when I have needed it, is also good.

z1ppy

Disappointing serivce for you, but again I’ve always found them very good – would/will happily use them again.

jimjam
    Free Member

uplink

I didn’t think they showed what their stock levels are just the expected despatch

Out of stock items have a red “out of stock” written below the dispatch date.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve always had really good service from them, when buying or just emailing questions.

So in summary ukbikestore.co.uk don’t didn’t have current or accurate stock on their website once

neninja
    Free Member

Always had decent service from them myself.

Dair
    Free Member

I had a similar experience to the OP. The website gave the impression the items were in stock by stating the estimated dispatch date to be the following day. It transpired the items were not in stock.

In my case, they went ahead and took payment. When I emailed to ask them why I hadn’t received my order, I was rather bluntly told that the items were out of stock, and I could have my money back if I really wanted. No hint of an apology.

I didn’t cancel the order, which did eventually arrive. I probably would use them again, but only as a last resort.

tommid
    Free Member

Sadly the first time I used them I had shocking service also. I ordered two items. It turned out one was in stock one was not. i found this out a week later after they had not arrived and I had received no email. I logged on to find a message explaining the sitution.
    I emailed to say please send the one in stock as it was tool I needed for a repair. I wait two more weeks before I received another email to say, thanks for my email and sorry for the delay and did I want them to send the tool that was in stock? Yes of course I did. Finally the tool arrived after 5 weeks. In future I will pay more and get it from CRC, Wiggle or my LBS.

rs
    Free Member

yeah good luck with CRC… 😆

carlos
    Free Member

As a few others above, I’ve received excellent service on the several occasions I’ve used them.

Can’t say I’ve had issues with any of the online retailers other than slowish (sometimes) delivery, but if you want it quick go down your LBS

fix
    Free Member

always found them to be pretty good, and given the pricing on most items, its worth waiting a while. i’d use them again no problem

travellingman
    Free Member

Bunch of c**ts in my humble opinion. Used them once and once only.

singletrackmind

I go in there sometimes as they are almost local and carry a good range of bits at a reasonable price.
    The sales guys are knowledgable and are happy to do counter sales.

Never had any problems with them , but if you could see the unit you might understand why . Its not huge and is packed to the roof with gear ,on racking . There are about 6 people who work there , and they always seem busy packing or on the phone / net .

Its not an ideal world where everything is perfect , but UKBikestore are not rogues

toys19
    Free Member

its a one man band, hes dead nice and sometimes makes the odd mistake, personally neve had a problem. I often call to check stock and he looks there and then. I go there before I go to crc just because..

highclimber
    Free Member

why moan about it on here? why not send them an email telling them how annoyed you are and if they then don’t respond favourably, then you can moan about it on here to your heart’s content!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Always had excellent service from them. Very helpful on the phone too.

Bez

Personally I’ve always assumed that anything that doesn’t say “Estimated dispatch: Tomorrow” means it’s not in their hands ready to go. Seems reasonable to me – I can’t fathom any reason for stating that certain specific items would just sit around for a couple of days before posting.

On which basis, I’ve not had a problem.

ditch_jockey

I ordered a trailer from them on Wednesday – it was listed as ‘in stock’ on the site, and I got an email to confirm it had been dispatched on Wednesday evening. It’s arrived via courier this morning.

On that basis I’d order from them again, but I tend to have a strict rule of only ever ordering stuff that’s ‘in stock’ from any site – even the big places like Amazon can be a bit latchy on items they show as ‘1-3 weeks’.

anc
    Free Member

Personally I’ve always assumed that anything that doesn’t say “Estimated dispatch: Tomorrow” means it’s not in their hands ready to go.

+1

“All products on our website show an estimated dispatch day. Please note that this is an estimate only. The estimated dispatch day depends whether the item is in stock in our own warehouse here or if it has to be ordered from our suppliers. Before 1530, a dispatch day of “Today” means that the item is in stock here and it will normally be dispatched the same working day.”

Good guys always had good service from them.

DezB
    Free Member

As singletrackmind says, they’re good guys.
    Go on jimjam, give em another chance 😉

Xylene
    Free Member

ALways ok with me as well.

xiphon
    Free Member

Always been helpful to me trying to source spare parts for old Hope/Marzocchi gear.

Very polite and friendly to boot!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

As Toys19 says, A quick phone call to said shop to check availability before ordering doesn’t hurt.

dmjb4
    Free Member

I think a lot of bike shops are living in the past.

CRC and other places get stuff to you within days, sometimes next day, for free. No need to call and check because they have proper stock control linked to the website. They use Royal Mail so you don’t have to drive miles to some courier depot if you were out at the time they called. That’s the benchmark.

If other firms can’t meet these standards, I think its fair play to point it out. Reliability is key here.

I ordered some tyres from JE James one Sunday eve, thinking go on, don’t always use CRC / Wiggle etc. Same price. Tyres arrived end of the next week. I missed three bike rides. They might be lovely people but I won’t risk using them again.

sing1etrack

I ordered a headset from UK B/S yesterday morning, it was here today. Had to pay £1 for delivery (presumably there’s a minimum spend to make it free) but it was still cheaper than CRC. Doesn’t get much better really!

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Also had poor service from them recently.

Ordered some bars which were showing as in stock, but got an e-mail a few days later saying they were out of stock, but the bars would be sent when available.

I didn’t mind waiting initially, but soon found a better deal with CRC, so I sent them an e-mail to confirm I no longer required the bars. I was somewhat surprised when around 6 weeks later I got an e-mail confirming the bars had been despatched.

Having received the bars I then e-mailed them about getting them returned, but received no response. I also tried calling, but they never seemed able to answer.

So I sent the bars back to the shipping address with a letter explaining my experience. Given that it wasn’t my fault that they failed to respond to e-mails I thought they should (and probably would) refund my returns postage, but no – I’ve just had confirmation that they only refunded the goods – I wont be using them again 👿

juiced
    Free Member

my stuff was in stock, cheap and arrived 2 days after ordering.

Paradiso
    Free Member

I’d happily used them a few times without any problems.
    When it came to replacing a broken Topeak product (in warranty), they ignored repeated E mails over the period of a month-no replies at all. Gave up and contacted importer who sorted out the problem in a matter of days.
    Failing to respond to messages seems a problem. Poor service and I won’t buy from them again.

superfli
    Free Member

I’ve had similar poor service from them as the OP. I now assess whether its worth the risk ordering online from them, or I take a trip over to the store (only 15miles away, but Gosport is a sh*te place to get in/out even on motorbike).

jamescoulson
    Free Member

It always amazes me how many people are willing to repeatedly email when they don’t get a response first time. Pick up the phone and talk to people!!!! How do you know your email has been received/isn’t sitting in a junk email folder etc etc??

I’ve used UKBikestore and bit and have always found them very good. I’ve spoken to them over the phone a few times with technical queries and they are superb – feels like a real bike shop with people who know what they’re talking about rather than just a warehouse churning out orders. Will definitely use them again.

rocketman
    Free Member

Personally I’ve always assumed that anything that doesn’t say “Estimated dispatch: Tomorrow” means it’s not in their hands ready to go.

+1 this is the key to it

There’s a big difference between ‘in stock’ and ‘we can get it’

UK Bike Store most excellent when they have stock.

neninja
    Free Member

Ordered something from them on Tuesday this week and it arrived on Wednesday. Perfect.

tracknicko
    Free Member

what happened to the telephone?

why does everyone send an email then wait 5 weeks for a resolution while getting more and more internet furious?

just pick up the effin blower. hard for shops to ignore someone speaking to them. much easier to bury a whining email.

angryratio
    Free Member

CRC seem back to reliable form.
    Time travel style delivery.. i.e. it says dispatched in my email inbox just as the postman rings the bell.

I’ve ordered several items getting bikes ready for a trip away and everything has arrived prompt and correct.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Excellent service – although only use them on and off esp for spares – As above if you dont get a reply in 24/48 hours then I would give the retailer a ring myself?

jimjam
    Free Member

jamescoulson – Member

It always amazes me how many people are willing to repeatedly email when they don’t get a response first time. Pick up the phone and talk to people!!!! How do you know your email has been received/isn’t sitting in a junk email folder etc etc??

tracknicko – Member

what happened to the telephone?

why does everyone send an email then wait 5 weeks for a resolution while getting more and more internet furious?

just pick up the effin blower. hard for shops to ignore someone speaking to them. much easier to bury a whining email.

Why not telephone? An email is quick, to the point and is should be stress free. It can also contain all my information relating to my order which saves me from relaying it. When I send one I assume it will go to the relevant person who will deal with it accordingly. The last thing they should be doing is burying emails.

I shouldn’t have to waste my time and money trying multiple times to get through to Steve or Dave or Pete when I really need to talk to Brian who is off today….and have to relay all the info relating to me and my order again..and again..to the wrong person who doesn’t give a sh*t anyway.

They have an e-commerce site, were perfectly happy to sell me goods online, take my money online, they should be capable of replying to me ONLINE.

superfli
    Free Member

Its also hard to get through to them on the phone. I agree, emails should be responded to quickly – at least to let you know they are looking into the problem

joao3v16
    Free Member

“Stop the Press: Internet retailer isn’t 100% perfect”

🙄

Yawn

jimjam
    Free Member

joao3v16

“Stop the Press: Internet retailer isn’t 100% perfect”

Yawn

“Stop the Press”

Another prosaic stw member shows lack of imagination or originality in pointless “yawn” posting.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘UK BikeStore – Crap service.’ is closed to new replies.