Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • UK Bike Skills….
  • johnw1984
    Free Member

Me and the Wife finally had our first proper coaching session with Tony.

I fully understand the name Jedi now… That guy really knows how to get you riding stuff that was only a thought 10 minutes previous!

Going to do another session next year as it’s a good 4 hour drive. Got plenty to sink my teeth into and practice 🙂

Got his name from reading forums like this and so glad I made the effort to travel down as it was one of the best days I’ve had for ages.

One of the best bits was watching my Wife do her first bunny hop, then a bloody gap jump! She was struggling with 1 foot drops a few weeks ago!

He even tweaked my bar setup a bit and instantly, it felt much better.

Honestly can’t put it into words…

pnik

Yep thats the magic

Wookster

The dude is a legend!!!

blitz

My wife and I went in June. Very similar experience. Brought us both on a lot but particularly my wife. What was great was that Tony picked up that her background was horse riding and then he just related everything he was trying to get across into horse riding terms (he has quite a bit of riding experience too) and this really helped her.

I guess that’s his gift, very quickly working out what you need to do to improve and then importantly, how to get that across in a way that works for you.

johnw1984
    Free Member

blitz, that sound spot on.

First things he asked us, if we had done any other sports. He made a point of horse riding as my Wife mentioned that she’d read it somewhere 🙂

It’s a rare gift to relate to strangers so easily. Felt like I’d known him for years after a couple of hours.

jedi

Ah thanks for such kind words dudes

jambalaya
    Free Member

John I saw your and your wife’s session on FB yesterday, as I always say its easily the best money you’ll ever spend on your biking.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Not a problem Tony, just send my cheque in the mail now 😉

Going to put it all to good use this weekend and carry on working at it!

Didn’t half catch some sun too! My god it was a warm one 🙂

jedi

fully hot day. yeah i’ll send a cheque 😀

phil40
    Free Member

Just sorted my payment for my october 1:1 day! Did it last year and it massively improved my riding. I went to BPW last weeekend and now I want to see Tony again for the next step forward 😀

olly2097
    Free Member

Sounds good, money well spent. Me and a friend are going in Oct. Ive had a nasty off a few months back resulting in a fractured humerus. Whilst I am back on the bike I’ve totally lost my confidence. Will jedi be able to help with this kind of thing? Thanks.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Olly2097, I reckon he will.

Correcting technique and building up confidence on smaller jumps, then moving onto bigger jumps.

I did my first gap jump as I’ve always had a bit of a mental block with them. It felt like I was rolling over a hump. Looking at the pics after, I was getting actual air! 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

@olly absolutely, imo what really seperates Jedi is his approach, he’s working on tje me talmside without you even realising it. He is not just “teaching technique”

Euro
    Free Member

he’s working on tje me talmside without you even realising it. He is not just “teaching technique”

Sure you weren’t on a skills day with Jabba? 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

I really should post from my phone whilst wearing my glasses 😳

jekkyl

the website could be improved by including the address, it mentions Hertfordshire but I cannot find the address. my website patience is low, if I cannot find what I want without hunting for it I will click off and go & find one where the info is readily available. The contact us should always have the physical address, why would you hide that info when the majority of your customers will be travelling to get there.

cnud
    Free Member

I may be completely wrong but I’m not sure they actually want to advertise the location. You realise why when you get there.

maxtorque

^^this. Best to keep the Field of Dreams a bit undercover!!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Having just got back into mtb riding, I really could do with a day down with Tony myself..

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jekyl deliberately “hidden” when you book Jedi will tell how to get there and when you see the place you’ll understand

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘UK Bike Skills….’ is closed to new replies.