Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • UK BIKE SKILLS
  • timpol
    Free Member

I’ve just come back from a skills day with Tony (Jedi) and can honestly say it’s the best day I’ve spent on a bike for a long time. Tony is a genius and progresses your riding well beyond what you think is achievable in a short period of time. Highly recommended.

Liftman

Yawn

mboy
    Free Member

Yawn

And I'll counter your Yawn with a Yawn at your Yawn…

Seriously, why all the negative vibes when anyone writes anything positive about someone/something on here?

You nay sayers REALLY need to get out (possibly on your bikes!) more, and stop being such miserable c*nts quite frankly…

sambob
    Free Member

am i right in thiunking the yawn was implying it gets said all the time? \\\

Dancake
    Free Member

When you hang around forums long enough EVERYTHING gets said all the time

TBH though, with so many good words said about UKBS I would give it ago.

Too Shy though

And poor

soobalias
    Free Member

toys19
    Free Member

Shyness not a problem, Tony is non judgemental and its not expensive. I want to award mboy a prize for his excellent post. How about a gold star?

cullen-bay
    Free Member

You nay sayers REALLY need to get out (possibly on your bikes!) more

A touch ironic?

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Looks like the boys got skills folks.

Liftman

am i right in thiunking the yawn was implying it gets said all the time? \\\

Correct at least once a week, i have no doubt Jedi is awesome but we dont need to hear it every week.

DT78
    Free Member

Where did you do the session? I'm getting more and more tempted the more of these threads I read….

I've been selling the potential spend to the missus on the fact I will be less likely to end up in A&E.

Only thing that puts me off is the distance I will have to travel to do it.

mboy
    Free Member

i have no doubt Jedi is awesome but we dont need to hear it every week.

So don't click on the f**king thread then if you don't wanna read it!

And certainly don't comment if you've got nothing constructive (whether it be praise or criticism) to say…

soobalias
    Free Member

wassup liftman, jealous?

metalheart
    Free Member

Sweet Baby Jesus.

The guy has just done course where he's learnt something, been pushed/pushed himself and is probably buzzin with it all. He probably HAS to tell somebody. Man, he might even be stoked!

Cant you just cut him some slack FFS!

And yeah, if it does get a bit boring, just skip it why don't you.

Liftman

So don't click on the f**king thread then if you don't wanna read it!

And certainly don't comment if you've got nothing constructive
    (whether it be praise or criticism) to say

Lol

timpol
    Free Member

wow serious reaction. DT78 Did the skills day at Woburn Sands then had a little play at Herts Shore, the place blows your mind

Dancake
    Free Member

Did the skills day at Woburn Sands then had a little play at Herts Shore, the place blows your mind

is that your "local" ? we (4 of us) are thinking of the "he comes to you" route and train locally maybe if we can organise ourselves to actually do it…(and i dont keep coming up with reasons not to)

timpol
    Free Member

nah not local to me, about 2 hours away. Was interested at having a look at Woburn and Herts Shore so was worth the travelling

peteimpreza

Dancake I am local (ish) to you and would be very interested in the group thing. Cranham woods perhaps?

jedi

timpol, glad you enjoyed your session. you're the client of mine to ride the herts skills trail 🙂

jedi

first client

Green

The 1-2-1 session I had with Jedi last Thursday was honestly the best money I have ever spent on biking, I went from 1ft drops to landing my first double in 4 hours…drove home with the biggest grin on my face.

thomthumb
    Free Member

he best money I have ever spent on biking

+1

DT78; woburn is 1hr40 from soton and an easy drive.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Jedi is awesome – I am still benefiting on every ride from the session I had with him. He's a sound guy and it makes me happy seeing these kind of threads pop up so regularly.

I can't believe anyone would be negative about

a) people having a good time
    b) regular positive recommendations
    c) a genuinely nice guy who is lucky enough to have a gift that can help others and thus he can make his living out of it rather than slave away in a job he hates. (I'm insanely jealous of Jedi being able to do that)

toys19
    Free Member

We travelled from Devon to the Dagobah System Woborn for our novice Jedi training, it was worth it as a trip to somewhere new but importantly as a place that Jedi knew well and could take us to relevant patches that he could use as training grounds. Our session was on 6th March and I have progressed massively since then. Jedi rules.

Tony's a sound bloke and seems to have a lot of satisfied customers.

Long may it continue!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

+1 for being insanely jealous!

I feel like such a different rider now after a coaching session with jedi – rode the Quantocks recently for the first time in a year and it was nuts how much of a different a riding experience it was – it just flowed (well felt like it did) and I felt so in control – it almost made it too easy. What it did do was allow me to concentrate on riding smoothly which felt rad – proper speeder bike!

Occasionally I still forget a few things I was taught and I have a bad habit of looking at the drops / jumps as I go off them rather than looking where I am going but I think that is more at the amazement of being off the ground that anything else. 😉

djflexure

Had a session recently at Woburn – Tony reckoned that I was over analysing my riding. Went out for the first time since then – head full of new stuff; promptly fell off! Nobody saw – so that was OK. Few rides since and its coming together. Foot work is better, linking berms better, jumps are better, moving across the trail better. Still plenty to work on but hey if I could do it all I probably wouldn't enjoy it. It feels good to improve a bit.

peteimpreza

Bushwacked 'felt so in control '

Except for the car park and the tree eh Barney?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

LOL!!! I've not been on Jedi's Driving skills course yet 😉

singletrackmind

I am booked in for Fri am. Looking forwards to it as frankly I'm crap.

Dancake
    Free Member

Dancake I am local (ish) to you and would be very interested in the group thing. Cranham woods perhaps?

Im up for that, mate. Was thinking more toward the end of Summer because (here come the excuses)

* I have just started to use flats for the first time
    * I am struggling with [strike]fitness[/strike] fatness

If we decide to do it, might be worth hooking up for a ride one day to discuss what we want to get out of it/ where to go etc.

(Flow is my problem – I dont want to do crazy jumps or stuff, I just dont want to slam the brakes on every time I comne to something I dont like the look of)..(I also would like to do the steeper twisty stuff better)

Also I think you might be quite a lot more skilled than us; we wouldnt want to hold you back!

peteimpreza

Dancake I'll send you a mail. It seems I want to get the same out of the course as you. Not sure I deserve the flattery re my skills though.

Don't worry about the fitness angle either. I am off down Salisbury way on Sunday for the forum ride but happy to meet up the weekend after.

DT78
    Free Member

What's the deal if it's bloody awful weather?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

DT78 – It never rains when Jedi rides 😉

Kit
    Free Member

My day was too snowy for a proper lesson, so had a ride with Tony round GT 🙂

http://ukbikeskills.blogspot.com/2010/02/snowy-day-with-kit.html

project
    Free Member

Jedi, im crap at typing any chance youll be doing a typing skills course in the near future,because if your skills courses are that good, i should be a world class author within a month. 🙂

jedi

thanks for your kind words people. 🙂

remember to keep me informed of the riding progress

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I was up Cranham earlier and its a great place to practice the theory 🙂

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Did a course back in February. Felt immediate benefits, but it was only when I started pushing it on an inners uplift day that loads more Tony taught me seemed to come back and i've been feeling loads more benefits since – just in time for my alps trip in July.

Best money I've spent on biking ever. Seriously recommend it to anyone (and have done since).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘UK BIKE SKILLS’ is closed to new replies.