Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • UK Bike Park, Dorset
  • Hareydan
    Free Member

Has anyone been there? I’ve just heard about it and was checking it out on the interweb, not an awful lot of info on their website. It looks to be about an hour and a halfs drive for me to get there, so is it worth it? Some of the pictures look a bit gnar for me but if there are plenty of smaller jumps and drops etc to practise on I might be tempted to visit. Anyone know if it’s currently open and do you have to pay to use it? As I said, not too much info on the website!

Any advice appreciated,

Ta

karen805
    Free Member

It’s not too far from me, might be worth a visit.

thomthumb
    Free Member

there is an xc trail round the perimeter. lots of smaller obstacles. the push up is a bitch.

lots of table tops for practising on.

only time i went we arrived an hour before dark and then my plum of a mate loacked our kit inc helmets & keys in the car so we push our bikes around and had a look at the fun we could have had!!

worth a look.

I think the CTC now manage it so you get a discount on day pass if you are a CTC member.

stevede
    Free Member

My mate rode there last saturday and said a lot of the park is being worked on and is closed, one dh run and some of the top section is open. They are working hard to get the place sorted so might be worth hanging on until they have sorted it to make your journey more worthwile.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Its now Free to ride, you just need to sign in and out. I helped start it back when it was MTBfreeride years back it out grew us with in a few years and now the UKBP guys are running it properly its looking very good but I havent been back riding in years (stopped riding for a couple of years) Planning to get down riding again some time soon.

The push up is very nasty and its very steep too both going down and on the push, The top is a hoot too ride but best thing to do it catch it on a uplift day and then you can take advatage of the whole site there is also Puddletown Forest about 30mins away which has some great riding loads of singletrack and plenty of variety.

If you can try and make a weekend of both places, both worth a visit IMO.

Dave.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘UK Bike Park, Dorset’ is closed to new replies.