Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Uh oh… Just gone all Incredible Hulk at my Inlaws.
  • ads678

I’m gonna stop moaning about my MIL now!!

Good on you OP but it’s probably knackered you for babysitting!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Coorrrrr Blimey. 😯

Stand Your Ground Young Man, stand your ground.

You have a family of your own to consider, their health and well being is in your hands.

Life will only get better form here on in, which ever way it deviates.

jools182
    Free Member

I despise you both. I’ve always despised you both. You are evil personified!

no swearing?

I’m impressed that you manage to be so eloquent in a moment of rage, I generally make no sense whatsoever

pk13

Just wait for the knife twisting and be prepared. I’m way down on the list compared to my sister where my parents or concerned.
    It’s made me completely independent and a better person.

chewkw
    Free Member

Ya, we have very evil people in the form of people from my sister’s husband family.

I would feed them to big Nile river salty (crocs) any day and to see the Nile salty do the death roll on them. That would be spectacular the lot of them and I would be very happy sitting there to watch them screams while I eat my bucket of pop corn or KFC and sipping a big glass of Pepsi like in the cinema. They are the scum of this earth and I mean it. 😡

Alternatively they should be impaled alive like those carried out by Vlad the Impaler. I would than stand next to them taking selfie while sipping my Pepsi.

I am taking about a family of evil people. Very evil.

DaRC_L

Hulk never flounces. Ever.

Yeah but the police would take a dim view of him grabbing them and bouncing them off the walls a few times.

Speshpaul and Klunk + 1

ThePinkster

I would than stand next to them taking selfie

And you call them evil? Anyone who feels the need to takes selfies are beyond that 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

I would feed them to big Nile river salty (crocs) any day and to see the Nile salty do the death roll on them. That would be spectacular the lot of them and I would be very happy sitting there to watch them screams while I eat my bucket of pop corn or KFC and sipping a big glass of Pepsi like in the cinema

You are Idi Amin and I claim my £5.

edhornby

Didn’t come to our wedding

I’m amazed at your ability to be civil to them even after this TBH

batfink
    Free Member

Life’s too short to be filled with chimp-knobbers like that…… nice one.

nickc

Life’s too short to be filled with chimp-knobbers like that

yeah but…

They’re your wife’s parents. OP, You need to support your wife now, it’s sort of OK that you don’t like them, but ultimately she has a completely different relationship to them than you.

Hope it works out

mooman
    Free Member

From my limited experience – families are the biggest cause of conflict/arguments.

Easier to just stop associating with people you discover you don`t like. With families, you just grin and bare it …

chewkw
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    They’re your wife’s parents

That’s the major problem for most people due to the relationship established via wife/husband/sister/brother etc …

They become “part of the family”. The matter would be easier to deal with if they are strangers and due to the relationship everything becomes much too complicated.

As for my sister she would have to divorce my bro-in-law but with children that’s difficult especially with no income source … again, they told her not to work etc …

mooman – Member

From my limited experience – families are the biggest cause of conflict/arguments.

Easier to just stop associating with people you discover you don`t like. With families, you just grin and bare it …

Spot on!

Cougar

A few years ago, I had a revelation, an epiphany even.

Life is too short to have arseholes in it.

Evicting from my life people who added nothing and took everything is not a decision I’ve ever regretted. You’ve done the right thing I reckon.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

With families, you just grin and bare it …

Kinky.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I meant to say to my MiL “Great to see you, will you be stopping for tea?”

But it came out as “You’re an awful human being, you’ve ruined everyone’s lives”

franksinatra

Hmmm. Lots of statements here about better off out of your life, you have done the right thing etc. This all sounds great but the thing is, this is really about you.

You really need to go with what your wife wants here. It is not really your place to say she is out of your life if your wife still wants her in her life. I know you said she is supportive of you and hopefully that continues, but she has the potential to be stuck in the middle of a really tough situation.

A friend of mine recently slapped his mother in law accross the face. You might think that is inexcusable but then you have probably never met her….

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Evicting from my life people who added nothing and took everything is not a decision I’ve ever regretted. You’ve done the right thing I reckon.

Totally agree with that sentiment. I just wish i’d realised it much earlier in life.

I have no intention of interfering with my wife’s relationship with her parents, nor have any impact on their relationship with their grandson, but i’m not going to allow them to cause further anguish to my wife and especially my little boy.

At the very least, I hope they have now understood that I won’t tolerate it, even if it means them thinking i’m a bit of a short tempered nut job.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Did similar with my parents 14 years ago. After years of being treated like sh**, I finaly snapped. Not spoken to them since, but my life is much better as a result.
    They were/are idiots.

molgrips
    Free Member

I support you taking a stand OP and expressing yourself, and I sympathise with having crap inlaws, but I feel like I need to make a point here – I’m not criticising you, just sharing an observation:

They have this really spiteful passive aggressive approach with us.

I’ve found over the years that sometimes people are this way because they’ve been brought up that way. If you’re born into a family who are always competing with each other subtly and trying to score points their whole lives, then they don’t know anything else. They think that life is a competition and your opponents are to be put down.

Just something to consider.

Klunk
    Free Member

They think that life is a competition and your opponents are to be put down.

they would fit in nicely here.

unovolo
    Free Member

Evicting from my life people who added nothing and took everything is not a decision I’ve ever regretted.

Possible the best statement I have ever read on here, and very apt.

busydog
    Free Member

^^^ What Cougar said

bones
    Free Member

I’d be relieved it’s done with and can keep away from them.

I would be very happy sitting there to watch them screams while I eat my bucket of pop corn or KFC and sipping a big glass of Pepsi like in the cinema. They are the scum of this earth and I mean it.
    Alternatively they should be impaled alive like those carried out by Vlad the Impaler. I would than stand next to them taking selfie while sipping my Pepsi.

Other brands of cola are available.

chewkw
    Free Member

bones – Member
    Other brands of cola are available.

I prefer Pepsi. :mrgreen:

I do try “green” Coke (the one with stevia sugar) only as second choice.

😆

ourmaninthenorth

Had a major falling out with my MIL earlier this year when my mother was staying.

My inlaws are amazing people, and are hugely helpful, but it is all on their terms. Well, it came out and came out in a big way – my OH screaming at her mum to leave our house could be heard throughout the village.

My mum hasn’t visited since (in fact we haven’t seen her since) and I’m not 100% sure what will happen between her and my OH when she does next weekend.

I apologised to everyone for my part in it. I figured taking responsibility for saying hurtful things (however much I may have believed in them) was still the right thing to do.

I feel for you OP. Stand by your wife and do as someone my OH works with – whenever her inlaws visit, she makes sure she is in another town. Even if that means missing a day of the weekend with her own children (her in-laws do sound very like yours).

BillMC

talking about your unreasonable behaviour to justify their spite

so true of narcissists

MrsToast
    Free Member

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Uh oh… Just gone all Incredible Hulk at my Inlaws.’ is closed to new replies.