Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • UFO WTF!?
  • captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Ps. I’ve seen a UFO back in the ’70s

Grammar were being different then, too.

teasel
    Free Member

Pah! thats nothing, I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

Pics or you’re just bullshitting…

phiiiiil

Funny how now the whole world is armed with camera phones, no one has got a picture of a UFO. (or Nessie / Bigfoot etc)

Having watched the entire boxed set of the x-files last year, it’s a good job they made it before everyone had phones with cameras as almost every single storyline would be ruined.

ads678

Is this your Bank PIN ??

5 numbers?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

..you are meant to be inside watching your mundane entertainment TV…

DON’T EVER LOOK UP AGAIN PLEASE OR YOU WILL BE TERMINATED.

Yours

CI5/M15

matt_outandabout

You can ride the UFO trail and bike park at Rendlesham…

GrahamS

Definitely hallucinating.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY0RiGvHOTQ[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wasn’t that one just debris from a launch. Your other one is of such crap quality and focus that there is no perspective of where, when or what is even supposed to be.

How the hell do I know what it is ? I’ve not been into Space and I’m purely posting pics of contentious images posted on the internet proclaiming to be UFO’s.

He first one was taken by the Shuttle back in the late 90’s and has been called out because NASA couldn’t identify the object zipping at 90deg from its trajectory, it’s a well known and well used image.
    The second image is called “the black knight” it too has had many a head scratch. NASA proclaim its space debris from the Shuttle, a blanket of all things. Yet it’s been up there orbiting for as long as is known, even before humans entered space. It has been suggested is an alien satellite, it stays virtually stationary in orbit, it’s been well photographed and NASA once did a fly by to get a closer look. Nothing was released from them, so the whole conspiracy theorists grabbed it and it’s been theorised over ever since.

They’re just pics, I thought I’d throw them in, y’know …

Drac

How the hell do I know what it is ? I’ve not been into Space and I’m purely posting pics of contentious images posted on the internet proclaiming to be UFO’s.

As it’s been reported before as just that? How do you learn anything you don’t actually have to be there.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

codybrennan
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    The second image is called “the black knight” it too has had many a head scratch. NASA proclaim its space debris from the Shuttle, a blanket of all things. Yet it’s been up there orbiting for as long as is known, even before humans entered space.

No, it hasn’t. Sorry BB. That whole thing about it being up there since time began was spun out from some conspiracy nut (Duncan Lunan) fevered 70’s ramblings, and is now somehow accepted as ‘true’.

“The origin of the Black Knight legend is often “retrospectively dated” back to natural extraterrestrial repeating sources heard during the 1899 radio experiments of Nikola Tesla[5][6] and long delayed echos first heard by amateur radio operator Jorgen Hals in Oslo, Norway in 1928.[7] According to the Daily Express, “the noises from 1899 and 1928 remain a mystery, but the possible causes do not so far include an alien satellite, according to scientists.”[2] Brian Dunning of the Skeptoid podcast attributes Tesla’s 1899 radio signals to pulsars, which were not discovered until 1968.[4]”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Knight_satellite

As it happens though, I’ve seen the exact same thing as the OP a few years ago.

Drac

No, it hasn’t. Sorry BB. That whole thing about it being up there since time began was spun out from some conspiracy nut (Duncan Lunan) fevered 70’s ramblings, and is now somehow accepted as ‘true’.

BB has never been to space how is supposed to know that.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Exactly, I did google it a while ago, so .. like … forgive me man if my facts aren’t as accurate as yours.

But hey, thanks for the correction and outlining your proof.

I think you’ve won the internet today ..

All I did was post a ferkin picture.

Anymore proof or points you want to raise with me, or had enough picking..?

It’s just a thread about UFOs you know, it ain’t real.

sirromj

Probably time crystals.

codybrennan
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    Exactly, I did google it a while ago, so .. like … forgive me man if my facts aren’t as accurate as yours.

But hey, thanks for the correction and outlining your proof.

Sorry. I know the guy in question (Duncan Lunan)- we share a home town, and he taught me astronomy as a boy, so I heard all this first-hand over 30 years ago.

Don’t take it so personally- as I said, I saw the exact same thing as the OP a long, long time ago- there’s definitely something going on- but easily debunked stuff like Black Knight won’t help to win skeptics over.

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

Funny how now the whole world is armed with camera phones, no one has got a picture of a UFO. (or Nessie / Bigfoot etc)

Fairly common in Suffolk…………….

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

OP what kind of speed and shift in direction occurred? Also is it possible that two satellites (on diff trajectories) were involved and yr eye/attention at some point unknowingly focused on the other one ?

righog
    Free Member

OP did you pick anything up on the radio :

" class="bbcode-link">New Scientist Today

mlbaker
    Free Member

There wasn’t so much a change in speed, just trajectory.

I can now fully empathise with other people who’ve seen things as the default reaction for most is to take the piss!

I’d love for it to have been something mundane but I have no explanation for it

mlbaker
    Free Member

And definitely one dot of light and not multiple satellites/aircraft

bikebouy
    Free Member

I was just having some fun, well trying to.

Next thing you know I’m being pulled to task on a few photos.

🙄

outofbreath
    Free Member

FWIW I saw the same thing as the when Bivvying a year or so ago.

I’m pretty sure it was a normal Satellite and my eyes somehow got confused by the lack of any reference point and moved involuntarily a bit making it seem to go in various weird directions for a bit.

Or maybe that’s what ‘they’ want me to think.

mildred

I’ve seen similar things whilst out wit the dog late at night but the weirdest I saw was as you describe, normal satellite traveling roughly Sth to Nth when it suddenly started getting brighter and brighter until it sort of flared then shot off east.

Now, I could imagine how the sun catching some part of it could make it look like it was getting brighter but when it shot off at about a 90 degree angle from its original course… that made me wonder.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘UFO WTF!?’ is closed to new replies.