Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Uberbike race matrix pads
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Ordered a set of these to replace the xt sintered which lasted one full month And around 160 peak miles (which isn’t bad considering it’s been wet, wet, wet!

Just wondered now these have been around a while, how have they performed over the winter months? Longevity wise and noise wise, is anyone getting through these in a month in the peak?

They get pretty much glowing reviews apart from northwind from memory who had mixed reviews on them

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Yes I’ve tried them and have survived many runs at BikePark Wales, if they are good enough for the Steve Peat Syndicate they are good enough for me surely

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

That is a valid point, they must have half decent power I guess, but any long term testing over winter by anyone?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

yes a few of us from our group Aberdare MTB were kindly given some of these pads by Uberbike to try and we have been using them over Winter with no ill effects. They are sold as a race pad so maybe not designed to be as long lasting as their Sintered pads for example. Why not try some and see for yourself?

al2000

They’re certainly powerful – noticeably more so than the kevlar pads.

Only been running them for a few weeks, so can’t comment on longevity yet.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Valley I have they arrived today not used them yet, was just wondering about longevity

Are they quiet in the wet or mega loud?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

quiet as long as you bed them in like all new pads

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I considered them for Spain in May, but there wasn’t enough info on them. I found sintered burnt out and went to organics in the past, so bought some sintered for the UK and a couple of pairs of organics for Spain from Uberbike.

Northwind

I found them decent in the UK but disasterous in the alps, so inconsistent inconsistent- went from powerful to glassy to powerful from one corner to the next. Before anyone says it was me, I’ve ridden the same trails on the same bike with cheapo superstars and never so much as a wobble. (and no fuss from those after I fitted them to replace the ubers)

The lifespan seemed good apart from the bit where they went in the bin with 3/4s of the pad left 😉 I think I’d be happy enough with them for most riding to be fair.

rockhopperbike

mine have only done maybe 300miles over nov to feb- yea it’s been muddy, but the OEM Shimano last all last summer-800ish miles

daveagiles
    Free Member

I have ordered 4 sets. I will see how I get on up here in the Peak.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Uberbike race matrix pads’ is closed to new replies.