Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Überbike brake pads,
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Any good?

Apparently their race compound variety is supplied to Steve Peat ….

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Seem to be in my experience with sintered ones and rubber road ones too and a BB running sweet as well.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

yes I like them and have been using them for a couple of years

cynic-al
    Free Member

life changing.

maybe.

😛

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve been quite impressed by the Race Compound ones. I ran them for a week in the Alps, including the Mega. That was in July and there’s still plenty of life in them. Good stopping power too.

shredder
    Free Member

I have the race compound in my Saints and think they are excellent.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

I can vouch for their Race Matrix pads. I’ve had them in my R1’s for a few weeks now and they bite well and seem to be lasting well.

I’ve come from sintered pads and I won’t be going back.

Northwind

I tried the racematrixes, threw them in the bin after a day and a half in the alps, so inconsistent. (and I never usually throw ANYTHING away til it’s completely worn out). Replaced them with my normal superstar kevlars and it was business as usual. Shame as I’d heard good things but I’ll not waste money on them again.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

The other side of the coin- I’ve found Superstar Kevlar to be the worst pads I’ve ever used.

Northwind

That wasn’t me specifically bigging up the Superstars btw, though I do get on well with them- just thought it might be useful to mention that the problems I was having with the uberbike ones went away with new pads so wasn’t a brake (or a human 😉 ) issue.

FWIW if the racematrixes had performed all the time, I’d have been more than happy with them, they were really good when they weren’t on strike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Überbike brake pads,’ is closed to new replies.