Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Uber squealy brake pads
  • breninbeener

My Avid Code brakes on my DH bike required new pads. After the oem pads wore out, i used uberbike race matrix pads which worked well in the alps but were consummed at quite a rapid rate. In an attempt to increase pad life i bought some Uberbike sintered pads in the recent offer. I fitted the rears and went to Antur on Sat. The whole day i was plagued with a rear brake that sounded like i was abusing a freshly wounded goose. Nothing else has changed and im a pretty fed up with the day of noise and my friends laughing the racket! Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it just the pad material?
    Thanks
    Ian

tomd
    Free Member

I suffered with the sintered ones on my bike, they were particularly squeely. They also wore the rotors away very rapidly so I haven’t used them since and the bike has been better for it. Others seem to get on OK with them.

sq225917
    Free Member

They squeal on the front for me but not the rear, my front disc is most worn so will try swapping to new to see if it improves.

To put in perspective at leas they lasted more than the 2 weeks I got out of a pair of Swistsop

Xylene
    Free Member

Try grease on the disc to stop the squeak.

poah
    Free Member

clean then sand the disc

supertacky
    Free Member

Stick discs in dishwasher to clean them, Change pads and reset calipers making sure that both pads contact disc at the same time

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Uber squealy brake pads’ is closed to new replies.