Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Uber bargain Rockshox Revelation 29er forks
  • bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

OEM but still a steal!! £350 for RCT3 or £280 for the RL and remember 3% Quico cashback 😮

RCT3 Revelation 140 Dual Air 20mm Maxle (can be internally reduced from 140mm in 10mm increments to 100mm)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=94599

RC Revelation 130mm 20mm Maxle (again pretty sure can be internally travel adjusted)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=94595

sambob
    Free Member

Significant difference between RL and RCT3?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

RCT3 damper is fapping ace and you get dual flow rebound, RL is the standard MoCo.

sambob
    Free Member

Worth the difference?
    EDIT: Having only used MoCo and never had any issues with it I’m tempted to just go with the RLs

Rorschach
    Free Member

RCT3 is worth every penny over standard motion control.IMO of course.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I would say so.

sambob
    Free Member

I really can’t decide 🙁

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Buy the RCT3, they are much better, there mind made up!!

BTW these are OEM so no pump or fancy RS box or spare seal kit but who cares at that price.

sambob
    Free Member

Already got a pump and seal kits are cheap, so not worried about that. Cheers Doug, Think I’ve decided.

davosaurusrex

bigdugsbaws – didn’t you have a rev on your Sultan that you thought was a bit of a ‘noodle’?
    What’s the dual air like, if it’s two travel settings anyone know what the shorter one is? Any reliability issues? IIRC didn’t some RS dual postion forks have horrendous reliabilty problems?
    I was hanging on for the X Fusion Trace but the trails are freezing up and I’m sorely tempted by these!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

didn’t you have a rev on your Sultan that you thought was a bit of a ‘noodle’?

I did have a Rev on the Sultan and whilst its nowhere near as stiff as a Lyrik or 36 I never found it noodly. (I have a Rev on Both of my bikes currently)

davosaurusrex

Did the one on your Sultan have the ‘power bulge’ or is that a new development?

sambob
    Free Member

Ordered the cheaper set, I’m on too tight a budget to justify the extra, and don’t think I’d notice enough of a difference. Thankyou for this PSA though, best I’ve seen in a while.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Yes it had the power bulges, a 2012 model same as these. Its reduced to 120mm and on my Fireline Evo now if you look at the pics on that thread.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Whats it going on Sam?

sambob
    Free Member

No idea yet. Long term probably a Horsethief, short term maybe a hardtail of some sort, cue what cheap 130mm 29er Hardtail frame threads. Will have hope hoops, wish Arch EX were available as hoops 🙁

davosaurusrex

Is the Dual Position Air an external travel adjust? Sorry for all the questions but I’m thinking if I order them now I might get them for the weekend!

nuke

Is the Dual Position Air an external travel adjust?

Yes, 30mm raise/drop at the click of a switch (and push of the bars)…neither of those forks have it, internal adjust only

sambob
    Free Member

Dual Air just means seperate positive and negative air chambers, Dual Position is externally adjustable. If you’re not talking about the forks above then ignore me.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Dual air is internal adjust

Dual position air is external 140mm to 110mm but cant be reduced down internally. The travel adjust is a bit like ETA on Zocchi forks, intended for climbing

davosaurusrex

The RCT3 details on CRC list ‘dual position air’ and ‘external travel adjustment’. Sounds like these have them or does anyone know if this a CRC typo?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Its just a generic description of the Rev range nicked from the RS website, I got a set just after xmas and they are deffo dual air.

davosaurusrex

Cool, ta. Reviews of the dual position aren’t too clever anyway, seem to be compromised like the Fox Talas so think I’m going to order a pair. Thanks for the PSA!

davosaurusrex

Ordered! And a spanking new Bel Air to complete the build. Excited now

crazybaboon

I’ve got some brand new Revelation Dual Position 140 20mm maxle 29er forks, bought from On One last year but never fitted and now unwanted as I bought a complete bike rather than build up a frame as I intended.
    they’re boxed, uncut steerer never even out of the box £220 posted.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The RCT3 revs I have are markedly more composed than the black box RLT Ti revs I had before.

At that price they’re a total bargain.

davosaurusrex

How do they go on the Sultan SO? Do you miss the travel adjust at all?

timc
    Free Member

crazybaboon ygm

smiff
    Free Member

RCT3 damper is fapping ace and you get dual flow rebound, RL is the standard MoCo.

fairly sure this is wrong, they all have same dual flow rebound on 2012 afaik. someone like Loco will confirm..

wwaswas

well spotted!

Had a pair of the RL’s delivered yesterday that I paid £329 for on Monday.

Have ordered the RLT’s and will be sending the RL’s back now.

They’ll go nicely on my new Titus Fileline frame.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

crazybaboon, ygm unless they’ve been sold already

Andy

Dual position 110-140 revs on a Sultan here. Works really well with the 140mm forks on the flats and downs and the 110 is great for twisty flat stuff and climbing

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I missed the travel adjust for about three rides before I remembered to hunker down a bit. It’s not like the DW squats on climbs like some bikes do.

I don’t miss feeling like I have to twiddle a lever every time the ground goes up, just because its there!

takisawa2

Did RS ever cure the clunking on their u-turn forks…
    Will the dual position ones go the same way ?

Best forks I ever rode were bog standard dual air revs.

sambob
    Free Member

My Coil U-turn Pikes were silent, is it just their air forks?

GEDA
    Free Member

They are even cheaper now. I got some for 289 – cash back!

Cheaper revs

roverpig

And still 347 sets in stock. I wonder how low the price will go 🙂

GEDA
    Free Member

Now which frame to go with them. Looking at the Titus fireline or scandal. Like the idea of the ti but the rear tyre clearance looks like a whiff of mud will lead to much unhappiness.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey at that price I’m tempted to pick up a set for some unimagined future project.

Edit: GEDA, have a Scandal frame waiting on some cheap 29er SIDs. Surely 140 revs too tall? Now that fireline…

RDL-82
    Free Member

Argh, too many days left until payday!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Uber bargain Rockshox Revelation 29er forks’ is closed to new replies.