Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • UAE Mountain Biking (inc pics)
  • iggs
    Free Member

Haven't been on here much in recent times and one of the reasons is I've been in the UAE working. I'm home for a couple of weeks before heading out again.

I had a real drama over which bike to take out, road or mountain. In the end I plumped for mountain and I'm glad I did. I enabled me to do some great riding and meet up with some really interesting people

Here are some photos

Tim above Kessel

Phil riding at Shawka

Taking a drop in at Quermia

Sunset @ Kessel

The riding is obviously quite dry although it has rained a couple of times recently. The mountains are limestone and the terrain is steep and uncompromising, its harsh on rider and bike. In the summer its gawd damn HOT and riding during the day is like having a hair dryer blowing full wack down your throat. In the winter days peak at a pleasant 26 deg going down to 14 deg at night. In the hotter months a lot of riding happens at night.

If you like your single track rocky and taken fast and your going to be finding yourself in Dubai then its worth taking your bike out and hooking up with the Hot Cog guys. A lot of the riding is organised through http://twitter.com/hotcogmtb at the moment.

Maybe catch you out there

Ian

alexpalacefan

Nice one Ian, thoughtfull of you to put other potential travellers in touch.

Enjoy the riding,

Alex

clareymorris

That looks great – not at ALL jealous of the sun ;-O

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘UAE Mountain Biking (inc pics)’ is closed to new replies.