Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • U2 at Glastonbury BBC 2 now
  • whiter74
    Free Member

Anyone else think there below par, £200 for that in the rain no chance. Love u2 but not worth a years wait after last year

mrmo
    Free Member

saw them on the zooropa tour 10? years ago, and part of the thing is the stage, what can you do at a place like Glastonbury.

I suppose they’ve been touring for 30years now?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The thing is, is that appatently, Glastonbury isn’t just a U2 concert?!?!
    You can use the £200 ticket that you bought to watch loads of other bands too…

postierich
    Free Member

class tune now!

franksinatra

Anyone else think there below par, £200 for that in the rain no chance. Love u2 but not worth a years wait after last year

Didn’t take you long to form that opinion, they only started playing 20 minutes ago!

Only thing around here that is below par is your spelling and grammar.

allthegear
    Free Member

Get over to BBC FOUR, then…

Rachel

gwj72
    Free Member

I can’t watch them live now. Actually I can no longer listen to anything bar Fire and Tree. The genius of those albums transcends Bono’s twattishness.

And killing those africans the other year clicking his fingers. Man should have been hung for that.

billybob
    Free Member

You can use the £200 ticket that you bought to watch loads of other bands too…

Most of them better than U2.

To quote the Dailymash’s article on Glastonbury

Meanwhile, meteorologist, Jane Thompson, explained: “Scientifically speaking, if you insist on booking Bono and putting him on a pedestal to be worshipped, God will try to drown everyone within a five mile radius.”

whiter74
    Free Member

Saw them Joshua tree tour 87 thanks , now that was class for a lot less

Coyote
    Free Member

Seriously disappointing. Although I thought no give them a chance, flick over to BBC4 and see how it pans out. Started flicking through and got stuck at Constantine. Happy now.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Excellent set. Bollocks to all the cool bands that sound good on 6music but can’t play 30 minutes of decent material and sound like they’ve just come off their mums breasts.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Give me a sweaty dark 300 people capacity place any day of the week over a festival. I’ve been to a festival or two, the music gets lost in all the BS!

billybob
    Free Member

I never realised Bono was quite so camp.

bigG
    Free Member

Well it might not be cool but I’m enjoying it. Maybe it’s my age but I think I’m enjoying it sitting at home with a large Talisker than I would standing in the pissing rain..

Gary_C

Bono, for **** sake, SHUT THE **** UP!!!!! & get back to singing!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ha! Only U2 could get the ISS to send a message. Hilarious

robbo
    Free Member

Sound is excellent but they aren’t very active – too old, too unfit and fat – but maybe you son’t have to try to hard when you’be done a thousand big gigs.

billybob
    Free Member

I like Bonio’s auto prompter to remember the words, would’ve been cooler if it was Stephen Hawking…

It does sound like they’re playing it slower than it needs to be.

stanfree
    Free Member

I’ve seen U2 loads of times and whilst they were always good , Bono’s boring self obsessed stories really have turned me off. They have hardly made a decent record in the last 10 years and are beginning to look a bit shit really.
    People pay money to hear the U2 classics not to hear Bono ramble pish and hook up to space stations or see Desmond Tu Tu .
    I think Radiohead have stole there thunder this year .

Bono is a **** and the spark of love that still flickered within me for the Joshua Tree has well and truly been doused in piss tonight. I hate him more than Elfinsafety annoys me.

whiter74
    Free Member

Wot no mother Teresa save the world speech yet, come on Bono your late 😉

kimbers

bono is indeed a ****……….

Violent scenes broke out in the crowd at U2’s long-awaited Glastonbury debut as a protest against the band’s tax status was foiled by security guards.

As Bono and his bandmates took to the Pyramid Stage, activists from direct action group Art Uncut inflated a 20ft balloon emblazoned with the message “U Pay Your Tax 2”.

But as the campaigners tried to release it over the 50,000-strong crowd, a team of 10 burly security guards wrestled them to the ground before deflating the balloon and taking it away.

The intervention by security after U2’s opening song Until The End Of The World sparked angry clashes with 30 or more protesters.

One security guard told a photographer to “go away”, adding: “If you are press, I’ll have you.”

Several protesters were pinned against a fence near the Pyramid Stage after attempting to hold on to the balloon. There were no arrests.

One of the campaign group members said: “That was totally over the top. He threatened to hit me.”

Another said: “Political activism used to belong at Glastonbury. This was all going to be completely peaceful.”

A handful of U2 fans looked on open-mouthed and booed as the security guards swooped.

Gary Noble, 45, from Eastbourne, said: “It was all a bit shocking. I love U2 but I think everyone should pay their taxes. The campaigners have a right to voice their opinion.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/feedarticle/9712246

Tinners

I see that Larry Mullen Jr has been to Staples…..

whiter74
    Free Member

Is the edge really Sacha Cohen Aka Ali G in disguise

I_Ache
    Free Member

Biffy on the red button now. Great stuff and not full of shite like Bono.

The name Edge is quite ironic, as he doesn’t quite have it, does he?

kimbers

Emma Coupland, from Boston, Lincs, at a muddy Glastonbury with friend Holly Wilson, said: “As we’re under 30, we don’t really like U2.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13902858

I_Ache – Member

Biffy on the red button now. Great stuff and not full of shite like Bono.

Watching Vaccines instead, although Biffy will get a listen later.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ha! Only U2 could get the ISS to send a message. Hilarious

was god busy?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

See, Sunday Bloody Sunday was still good.

And who else sounds like The Edge? He’s style, minimalist though it is, is so distinctive

stanfree
    Free Member

Bad is a quality song, they should just come out and rip into there back catalogue without the Bullshit stories and they would still be good.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Vaccines = Vacuous

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just switched it over to the vaccines not seen much of them but liked their last couple of singles. They are pretty good live.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I hate U2, I really do… but there’s no way I wouldn’t be buzzing my f’ing nuts off as this tune started up and I was stood in a muddy field.

As is the power of music, forget your preconceptions and pretentions and just enjoy… let yourself go… give yourself away…

headfirst
    Free Member

Well I’m enjoying it. Takes me back to high school and university days. Good songs are still good songs. Any of you lot lobbied world leaders on behalf of those less fortunate than you?

Rockape63
    Free Member

I remember a mate going on about u2 30 yrs ago, so they should be enjoyed for what they were, not what they are!

deadlydarcy – Member

Vaccines = Vacuous

I’d rather some vacuous Brit Pop than some quasi-political diatribe that the nobs delivering dont actually believe themselves anymore, let alone hold values relating to their half-hearted musings.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Any of you lot lobbied world leaders on behalf of those less fortunate than you?

no i just spend my time helping them instead BUT gawd bless the millionaire tax exile Bono for his help petitioning governments about moral responsibilities ….boy they must have taken him pretty seriously.

MrSparkle

Say what you want they have some fookin’ good songs in their repertoire.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Now now STR, let’s not overreact. I’m glad I’m musically vaccinated against The Vaccines. They’ll be forgotten in a few years anyway.

Jeebus…U2 singing Coldplay…I think (hope) certain parts of STW will explode.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘U2 at Glastonbury BBC 2 now’ is closed to new replies.