Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tyres won't go on the rim!
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Are there any little tricks out there to sort this out? My hands are in agony and I can’t for the life of me get my bloody tyres on, I get to the last bit and it just won’t budge on, trid using levers, brute strength but no luck? Any ideas out there?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

This video should help

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XUFVrl0UT4[/video]

seosamh77
    Free Member

Sit the tyre next to a radiator for 5 minutes.

wwaswas

I’d try and think how you’ll manage it at 9pm on a wet November night after a puncture and, if it still involves a radiator and lots of faffing, then maybe use a different tyre rim combo?

nbt

I’ve just bought a Marathon plus and struggled to get it on. my heart sank when I realised the tube had a slow puncture and I’d have to change it…

edit – the way I did it was to seat one part of the bead and use my foot to hold that in place while I worked round both sides at once. once you get past halfway it should hold on while you work towards the top, then I used a tyre lever to set the last bit

seosamh77
    Free Member

wwaswas – wise advice!

RobHilton
    Free Member

When technique lets me down I go for the brute force approach

http://thebiketool.com/en/

Very helpful things.

bruneep

Sit the tyre next to a radiator for 5 minutes.

Does the radiator need to be on or is it the just being near the radiator help?

😉

teadrinker
    Free Member

considering tubeless now. New thread started. Thanks for the advice on this one.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Does the radiator need to be on or is it the just being near the radiator help?

Nah, Cold radiator works just fine! 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tyres won't go on the rim!’ is closed to new replies.