Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tyres for Thetford Forest?
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Any recommendations on tyres for the Lime Burner at Thetford Forest? I’ve got fed up with Continental Gravity Kings which are soooo sloooow. I swapped bikes with a mate today. He had IRC Backwoods (or something like that) which were a massive improvement, but no longer available.

Cotic Soul, 26″ doesn’t need to tubeless. Got mud tyres for the winter, just need something for the rest of the year.

Many thanks

(yes I know it’s another what tyre thread, but tyres are expensive so I’d like to try and get something that works rather than trial and error)

njee20
    Free Member

Furious Freds

grahamt1980

Panaracer Razor MX.
    Just enough tread to grip round corners, but bloody quick

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Word on the street* is Schwalbe Racing Ralphs and/or Kenda Small Block 8’s for the drier months.

*Actually the TIMBER website (Thetford Improved Mountain Biking EnviRonment).

cheers_drive

Racing Ralph’s with rocket Ron upfront if you want something more versatile

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

One of each just ordered from CRC. I figured a Rocket Ron up front might be sensible as I corner like a 17 year old in a Saxo….

cr500dom
    Free Member

Small Block 8`s here or Conti Flow Pros at the moment
    A lot of the guys I ride with run Larsen tt`s, we are not XC Race whippets but do hammer the tech bits so need grip more than fast rolling

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tyres for Thetford Forest?’ is closed to new replies.