Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tyres
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Currently running Maxxis High Roller 2.35 60A front and rear and it’s lovely front wise but I’m having trouble when the going gets muddy on the rear. And find myself and getting no traction whatever gear I’m in. What tyre will compliment a Highroller on the front. Any ideas?

tomhoward

Wetscreams will give you better traction.

So will better technique.

Hth

RustySpanner

Take them off, burn them and buy something, anything else.

H**h R*****s are the worst tyres ever.
    Designed by a team of sadistic dentists, they’ve ruined more faces than botox and put more people on their arse than Kendo Nagasaki.

Spiteful, hateful things.

bennn
    Free Member

Maxxis Ardent/Advantages seem to get good reviews.

I’ve got an Advantage sat waiting to go on currently, in 2.1 form for a bit less drag.

bellefied
    Free Member

buy a 29er – the bigger footprint will grip the mud better 😀

longmover
    Free Member

I love my high roller super tackys, I do like to drift my bike though.

Northwind

Minion is generally better in mud than highroller. (better at pretty much everything tbh, not really sure what the HR is for…) Depends if you want a full on mud tyre or not really.

davieg
    Free Member

Just how much mud are we talking? Is this trying to ride uphill, is it on sections that friends / others appear to clear easily? Perhaps you may want to look at your technique first, before looking for new tyres? If you are trying to ride through a bog or a ploughed field, sometimes you are going to come unstuck.

I run the classic combo of Minion Front / HR Rear, and cannot fault the grip. I have found the mix to be quite draggy however, and used to think it was the Super Tacky Minion slowing things down, but it is probably the HR on the rear TBH.

Now that they are starting to wear, I am thinking about switching to the On-One Chunky Monkey Front / Smorgasbord Rear combo that has favourable reviews on here and seems insanely good value.

gonzy
    Free Member

surprised no-ones said it yet…..

HANS DAMPF!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tyres’ is closed to new replies.