Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tyres
  • Vinte
    Free Member

Sorry guys, I know this comes up alot but I'm after some tyres for winter. I have a rockhopper with the stock tyres and their rubbish in the mud, wet rocks and roots. I ride cross country in the Lakes and Scotland with the occasional trail centre thrown in. I’m thinking about getting some high rollers and a trailraker for the rear when the going gets really soggy. Any thoughts about this combination?

awh
    Free Member

What size and compound High Rollers are you think of? Super tacky will feel very slow compared to your current tyres.

FOSHOYAHO
    Free Member

Intense cc225 tyres are my current tyre. used em in all sorts of conditions with no probs

robinbetts
    Free Member

Had really good results from Maxxis Minions in the wet. Mainly in south wales, but specifically comming off Helvellyn in the Lakes in torrential downpour! I'm using 60a compounds front and back. When my rear wears out I'm thinking of swapping them round and put a super tacky on the front, but I haven't done this yes so can't comment on it (although a lot of people seems to ride this setup).

Vinte
    Free Member

I'm thinking of having a super tacky 2.35 on the front and a 2.1 XC at the back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tyres’ is closed to new replies.