Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tyre won't even seat with tube in it
  • bigmandh
    Free Member

Changing tyres on the stumpy to winter ones, I run tubeless on them. Front tyre went on like a dream, first tubeless tyre I’ve been able to seat with just a track pump. Was a specialized purgatory 2bliss on a specialized tubeless ready rim. However having major problems with the rear. Is a specialized ground control 2bliss. I usually put a tube in to seat one side of the tyre to make it easier. However I can’t even get the tyre to seat with the tube in. Have tried soapy water to no avail and tried putting a few psi in and and rolling the tyre along the floor. I’m not getting anywhere! Any other suggestions?

ansdy

Stretched bead? I have seen it before on a highroller. One side was really baggy and was no way it was going to seat

BoardinBob

tried putting a few psi in

Try about 40psi!

bigmandh
    Free Member

I read somewhere about putting a few psi in then rolling it around to try get it to seat might help (it didn’t). I’ve had it at 60psi plus and still wouldn’t work.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

wwaswas

I’ve had it at 60psi plus and still wouldn’t work. fortunately the rim didn’t explode

FTFY

If it’s a new tyre then send it back.

STATO
    Free Member

Tyres can take time to stretch. If you have enough time put it on another wheel and leave it at max psi for a week, should help. If not I find wetting the rim and bead with stans gets it to pop quite well, just use an old paint brush.

parkesie
    Free Member

Fairy liquid or propper tyre soap if your feeling flash helps to sit a tight bead.

darrenspink
    Free Member

More rim tape

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tyre won't even seat with tube in it’ is closed to new replies.