Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • tyre recommendations – general trail/woods
  • kwack
    Free Member

Have been running for ever and a day Maxxis Swampthings on my Pitch and was wondering whether there is something less heavy or more suited to the riding I do.

As I look on various online shops – there just seems to be far too many tyres to choose from.

Any recommendations around 2.1+ size and I might even be tempted at some point to go tubeless

Thnk
    Kwack

loddrik
    Free Member

Swampthings are superb but a little slow. I’ll have them off you should you feel the need to give them away… 😉

momo

I’m relly liking Schwalbe Nobby Nics at the moment, the new ones are tubeless ready too.

ampthill

High Roller 2.35. Not that big and quite average. That means I just leave them on….

bigbloke
    Free Member

I always used Nobby Nics all year round which were quite good to be fair, however new bike (not ridden properly yet) has Maxxis Advantage on, not sure what they are like to be honest.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Go tubeless you will be surprised how much lower tyre pressures make to traction without rolling resistance. I run Maxxis HR 2.3 up front and Advantage 2.1 on rear all year. Pressures down to 20 psi and lower if you want. Great grip all year round. Dont take this the wrong way but people use tyres as a prop. Stick with the same tyres all year, get used to them. Also look at your technique etc it can make a big difference to traction. Try spinning a lower gear and stay off the slip inducing brakes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘tyre recommendations – general trail/woods’ is closed to new replies.