Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tyre advice (CAR) – hard wearing yet grippy?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Such a tyre? Got 9k from the Kumho budget tyres on my diesel Berlingo which seems shite imo.

Looking to spend £75 a corner max. Would like decent grip and also a harder wearing tyre. Any ideas?

johnners
    Free Member

What size? I easily got 20k out of Conti Premium Contacts on the front of a Mondeo. About £80-odd quid for 205/55 16s, that was a couple of years ago.

I do usually drive as though the law applies to me though.

monogramman
    Free Member

Have you had the tracking checked lately?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

205 65 r15

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Cheap tyres never grip as well as decent brand

bigbloke
    Free Member

Falken ZE-912 very under rated tyre that is superb on grip and wear. Had them on 2 vehicles. Mid Range currently paying £63 fitted per corner inc VAT so not pricey at all.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Falken/ZE912.htm

druidh
    Free Member

9,000 miles??? 😯

carlosg
    Free Member

I got 15000 front 23000 rear on the last four Yokohama C Drive2 tyres on my diesel Rover 75 in 195/65/15 ,£281 for 4 at National tyres.Mind you I drive like an old man.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

yes druidh 9k miles

mboy
    Free Member

Falken ZE-912 very under rated tyre that is superb on grip and wear. Had them on 2 vehicles. Mid Range currently paying £63 fitted per corner inc VAT so not pricey at all.
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Falken/ZE912.htm

What he said…

I’ve had everything from Goodyear Eagle F1’s and Yokohama’s to Chinese Bakelite specials on various cars I’ve had in the past. For a combination of decent grip, yet good life span and reasonable cost, nothing beats the Falken ZE912 IMO.

r6ymy
    Free Member

Which? rated Vredestein Sportrac 3 as good for grip and wear, not easy to find though. About £75 each posted, but then you need to pay for fitting.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tyre advice (CAR) – hard wearing yet grippy?’ is closed to new replies.