Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 164 total)
  • Typical man or justified frustration…decorators in-time of the month-blob-etc
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Okay feel free to shout me down I don’t care…I’m venting

We are going away for NYE for to a hotel kids with inlaws,we have both been looking forward to going away, get a call this morning saying her period has come on a few days early (was expected according to my phone app and her calendar on Friday) no big deal but I do feel slightly frustrated- we spend lots of quality time together going out/away etc but the thought of getting merry on NYE and then nothing all seems rather boring half the reason of going away was to have fun ! So my comment of oh well we can cancel and go next week didn’t go down to well…

Her period is like a third person in our marriage I dread the 6 days of it – going out on NYE really doesn’t have much appeal !

Typical man – no just being honest !

Lets hear any similar tales or are you all fantastic and understanding ?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You track her menstrual cycle on a calendar?!

Stoner
    Free Member

survivor

What did I just read!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

She’s very organised it’s her calendar which we share on phone, I down loaded an app to see how accurate it was- which it is !

mattbee

Bah. Not your sheets, are they? Get on with it man!

cloudnine
    Free Member

What about going to Centre parcs if she’s up for it?

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

You track her menstrual cycle on a calendar?!

I hope it’s a Maxxis calender 😆

scotroutes

I’m sure she enjoys it as much as you (well, her period at least). And no, I don’t think that makes you a “typical” man.

fourbanger
    Free Member

You’re totally justified in my opinion. But why should you rearange your night of jiggy New Year’s Eve celebration? She should rearrange her menstrual cycle to suit.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Thanks for support I know you all feel my pain, yes her MC should totally work around me !

Cougar

Typical man or justified frustration

Where’s the tick box for “none of the above”?

scotroutes

Why don’t you ask her to pay for a prostitute as a belated Xmas present?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Why don’t you ask her to pay for a prostitute as a belated Xmas present?

That’s a bit weird !! Would you do that ?

hels
    Free Member

Och well, give it another 20 years and she will hit the menopause, I hear that’s loads of fun.

sc-xc

This should be in the cycle forum.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Okay cougar what do you propose for your tick box that I will justifiably disagree with.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Amazing. Was this sentiment cut from the 80’s and pasted in the 21st century?

nosherduke996
    Free Member

If she is on her menstrual cycle then try and keep up on the Cannondale! 😳

mikey3
    Free Member

What would james bond do.

jekkyl

lol@ sc-xc

You can still have lots of fun without doing the full deed. If it’s frustrating for you it’s no picnic for her and you’re not showing very much consideration for her by saying ‘oh well lets cancel it’ just because you can’t do the deed. Strangest post I have ever read on stw is has to be said.

edit: try it in the shower, if she’s still speaking to you.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Seriously?

Honeymoon, entire holidays, nights away and more days off than I care to mention. Never started an online flounce over it.

I hope she sees this, then you’ll really get to find out what a dry spell entails.

Ffs,..

Oh and to answer your question – none of the above. Entitled dickhead is the closest I can come up with right now.

charliew

You could do what happens in India; women and girls on their periods are banished to the outskirts of the village: http://gu.com/p/4efkn
    Pretty shocking!

Sure you’ll find other ways to enjoy yourselves 😉

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

it’s no picnic for her

I don’t know, I imagine that she’s grateful for unfitgeezer allowing her a few days out of the kitchen. I can see how she’d be unhappy at not being able to pleasure the hunter gatherer though.

slowoldman

Well you’ll just have to w*** won’t you? Sounds like you’re the right bloke for it.

zippykona

I’ve had laryngitis all over christmas. Mrs Zip must be feeling equally frustrated.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

burchill
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member
    This should be in the cycle forum.

😆

Cougar

Okay cougar what do you propose for your tick box that I will justifiably disagree with.

Well, you’re not a ‘typical’ man, or at least if you are then I’m embarrassed for my species. I don’t think it’s a ‘justified frustration’ because as frustrated as you are I’m sure it’s a barrel o’ yuks for your missus in comparison. So given that your original hypothesis is “am I right, or am I right?” we need a third option.

It’s not clear to me what your problem is from the OP. Is it the denial of sexytimes or because it affects her mood, you seem to be alluding to both? If the former then I don’t see the problem; hoy a towel down, MTFU and get on with it. If the latter, might I respectfully suggest that her mood might increase dramatically if her partner was a little more understanding and sympathetic.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I think you should post this to mumsnet for a balanced response.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Well you’ll just have to w*** won’t you? Sounds like you’re the right bloke for it.

Sore knuckles?

richmars

Surely this isn’t for real?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

wow what a lovely bunch you are !

Thanks for casting assertions over me – you’ve not actually met me !

As said at the top of my post I was venting – which I’m sure we all do they don’t actually have to be justified or have any logic to anyone else but me, that’s the point of venting and this forum..

I’m neither a dick head a w$nker or male chauvinist – but thanks for that.

Id happily show her this post as I have many others – only after she’s finished washing up though ! Link sent to her…

My mistake was writing down a thought – we all have them ! But please do continue to carry on with the nice comments…

Just another thought maybe you could show your other halves this post so they could see how nice you all are -thus getting you chocolate brownie points…

P-Jay
    Free Member

WTF?

Weekend away in NYC, for NYE no less, big party with friends etc sounds great – all ruined because you can’t get your leg-over at the end of the night?! Are you quite right in the head?

Have a **** in the shower and get over yourself.

davosaurusrex

The only thing the OP has done wrong is missing out the phrase “up on bricks” from the title.

I’m going to show this thread to my dearly beloved later so she can see how good she’s got it (comparatively). And you’re surprised your suggestion to postpone wasn’t well received? Blimey.

Cougar

I was venting – which I’m sure we all do they don’t actually have to be justified

That was my point really – read your title again.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Blame the moon…

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not as bad as it sounds. The op is acknowledging that she wants sex too, and that neither of them would be getting any. However this may not be the main reason for going away from her point of view.

Of course it’s sensitive issue and he may have made her feel unattractive and unwanted. This is why it helps to be sensitive and understand your partner 🙂

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

I was venting – which I’m sure we all do they don’t actually have to be justified

That was my point really – read your title again.

friend or foe ?

I cant change the title !

davosaurusrex

I’m sure you’re a lovely fella unfitgeezer, enjoys a Jim Davidson DVD as much as the next man and whatnot but you’re way off on this one.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 164 total)

The topic ‘Typical man or justified frustration…decorators in-time of the month-blob-etc’ is closed to new replies.