Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Type III cement by the bag
  • TheBrick
    Free Member

Random question but does anyone know a builders merchant that stocks type III cement by the bag (its all part of some experiment, don’t ask). I know I can get it bulk but I only need a few bags to experiment with at first.

The responses so far have been, “no mate we sell rugby”, “there is no such thing”, and “just add more cement to the mix”.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sovereign do rapid set cement for damp proofing purposes. Ie a hydraulic cement for bunging up holes that are leaking.

wrightyson
    Free Member
    TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Selco stock it

br
    Free Member

Handy if we knew where you live…

natrix
    Free Member

Do you mean CEM III? If so I suggest that you go direct to the likes of Lafarge, Cemex, Hanson or Tarmac.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Do you mean CEM III

yep

Handy if we knew where you live…

Yeah I realised that after I switch the computer off doh!.

TheFunkyMonkey – Member
    Selco stock it

Ah good. I can gain access to Selco!.

wrightyson – Member
    Or
    Screwfix

Excellent thanks.

tonyplym
    Free Member

When we needed some at work (Civil Engineering @ University of Plymouth) we found it easier to blend our own – got some GGBS and mixed it with bagged CEM I 52,5N. Readymix concrete batching plants sometimes do it this way to get a CEM III.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Ahh top infomation, but where can I get hold of blast furence slag!?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

slag heap

tonyplym
    Free Member

Try contacting Civil and Marine (or Regen) – part of Hanson – 0845 600 1616. As I remember it was supplied in waterproof plastic drums – about 25kg per drum; I think we got about 100 kg in total which was plenty enough for us to do some trial mixes.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Ta very much!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Type III cement by the bag’ is closed to new replies.