Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • two quick wheel Q’s
  • alpin
    Free Member

proper mountains, both up and down ’em. bolt thru wheel going on a lyrik. 32 or 36 hole rim/hub?

i don’t go in for freeride but do do big, steep, speedy, twisty descents.

CRC, good wheel builder?

that is all. thanks.

J

juan
    Free Member

won’t make any difference to be honest.
    If you use quality spokes and rims and the wheel is well built a 32 will be just fine.
    Weak link IS going to be the rim, specially if the wheel is badly built.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

36h rims ARE significantly stronger, something like 20% IIRC….. BUT, do you need that on the front? That’s a different question. On the back, yes, more spokes is worthwhile, not so sure it is for the front…. Although you won’t notice the extra few grammes so why not, if you think it might be worth it?

IME (And others) CRC wheels are best regarded as a cheap kit of parts, and then you can finish the build yourself. Mine were the only wheels I’ve ever had go ‘loose’ even though they were built with DT Swiss Pro Lock nipples which should stop that sort of thing. I retensionned them myself and they’ve been fine ever since. Merlin build better wheels IMO. I can build better wheels myself than both of them, though, and I’ve only done 4 so far….

Hairychested
    Free Member

I bought wheels from CRC in the past and NEVER had any problems with them. Wiggle ones feel better though, in a not very tangible way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘two quick wheel Q’s’ is closed to new replies.