Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Twitter; is this a ploy?
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I have Twitter but I dont use it, infact I never have. I think I sent one “tweet” @assouekotto.

But, every few weeks Twitter send me an email suggesting there has been a “suspicious sign in” detected on my account and I should follow the link in the email and change my password. I did this once, but I keep getting the emails.

Why? Is this some kind of veiled ploy to get me to at least actually log back in in the hope I’ll start using it? Or do people really keep working out my password?

mrsfry
    Free Member

bobbydavro62

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I have a dormant twitter account which doesn’t say anything about a suspicious sign in, it may be worth changing your password

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Probably a phishing scam from someone who’s not twitter, to get your twitter password.

You don’t use it though so jokes on them

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I should follow the link in the email and change my password.

I reckon a good rule is always to go to the site directly rather than following a link in an email (unless it’s an email you have prompted yourself by clicking ‘forgot password’ or something).

DrJ

I reckon a good rule is always to go to the site directly rather than following a link in an emai

This.

I think my Twitter account was hacked once and after that I changed the password to some impossible to remember string of jibberish that the FBI will not guess with or without forcing Apple to give up the keys.

redthunder
    Free Member

Ron pickering

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Twitter; is this a ploy?’ is closed to new replies.